Angela Lansbury interview

DRW50

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Thank you for sharing this, Carl, a wonderful read. Can't say that I ever followed her career, but this makes me want to play catch up. Geraldine Page was playing the same role on Broadway when she suddenly passed.

• Members

One problem, though. In this interview, "Miss Angie" claims she has not "resorted to cosmetic surgery." Yet, if you google "Angela Lansbury cosmetic surgery," for example, you can find articles where Lansbury DOES admit to having had work done.

• Members

I beleive you are right. She did have something done during the murder she wrote years. Nothing drastic like other hollywood people. I think she might have just gotten a couple of things corrected...maybe not a full face lift. Maybe she was just saying she didn't do a full face lift or any of that botox. I think she looks good for having very little done. She looks like a regal older woman and not someone who's 70 looking like their early 60's.

I do love Angela. I have several of the seasons (and the movie DVD) of Murder She Wrote. I've also seen her in the original Dorian Gray movie and other things. She was very good friends with Bea Arthur. Bea said in her Intimate Portait, "Angie and I could be sisters except we don't fight." and Angela was there during Bea's final hollywood outing...i don't remember what it was. They were very close since the Mame years.

• Members

She admitted to cosmetic surgery in People magazine several times over the years. She had her eyes done around the time of 'Mame' in the 60s and had her jawline tightened at least twice, once before Murder, She Wrote, and once during. Nothing wrong with it, she looks fabulous.

• Members

I agree with that. It's also her image and personality as Jessica, i can't describe it but it was comforting. I hate to say it because i love Jean Stapleton but i don't think the show would have lasted as long if she had taken the role (she was orginally offered the role but didn't want to do another TV serise.)

I also loved the episodes where she planed cousin Emma.

Archived