DC's top 10 Newbies of 2013

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

7 of those choices are good. But sorry Perry, Brooke and Bryan not so much

I personally see no personality in Brad. Maybe that is not Perry's fault and how its written. However I just dont see the worth in Brad

Now as Brooke & Bryan this is more about the characters for me.

I cant stand how PP had Colby regress to a spoiled and entitled brat. I honestly cant remember Colby acting this extreme on ABC. I have a feeling Marlene & Elizabeth just wanted a bitch and chose Colby when the years at ABC showed that she tended to be very level headed in her family,

Bryan Craig seems like a nice guy and looks great shirtless but the way Ron & Frank has concieved Morgan 2013 is epic fail to me.

Morgan boo-hooing about not being loved by his folks and then going aganist his dad and siding with the Jeromes. Doesnt fit the Morgan personality that we already know.

I believe the icing on the cake was when he shot Max and ran out of there like a little bitch. Sorry I just cant with that one.

• Members

Brooke Newton turned out to be fantastic on AMC, actually.

Most of the choices are fine, I guess, though I find the two Y&R people singularly uninteresting. I was more rolling my eyes at their insisting on two GH people - Parry Shen is a fine actor but Brad is terrible. And Bryan Craig is in no way anywhere near the caliber of a Jonathan Jackson.

People need to stop trying to make Morgan happen. He's not going to happen. He's okay, at times he can be entertaining, but mostly unintentionally. He's not some firebrand new talent.

• Members

Didn't feel like Colby??? Considering her parents and grandmother, I was surprised she wasn't a vixen when Natalie Hall played her. People must be forgetting Brooke's Colby in scenes with Sal's Cassandra

Concerning Bryan Craig, everyone, well not everyone likes to stare and drool at him, especially when he's half-naked

• Members

Right but not as bad as on PP & Colby had matured on ABC since then, so regressing her back to bitchy spoiled & entitled didnt make sense to me

They probably dont consider Jen Lilley as a newbie she was on GH from 2011-12. However I agree she was one of the best in 2013

• Members

A lot of these seem right. My favorite of the list is the guy who played Pete on AMC. He could easily have no personality and just rely on his abs but he either he is just a terrible actor who happens to be a really nice guy, or he is a decent actor because Pete came off very likable and someone I actually looked forward to seeing on my screen. The guy who played Kevin on OLTL however I have to disagree with. I found him to just be a blank slate with very little indication why he was such a deadbeat for the longest time. He was just there and dull. I eventually stopped watching OLTL so perhaps his character got more attention.

I disagree with those criticizing Bryan Craig and Morgan. The guy is not the greatest actor but soaps do not require the greatest acting. He was given a ton of story this year and he held up his end in all the scenes, and managed with Maura West to create the one couple on the show I look forward to seeing and want to see more of. Plus, on a show known for out of shape flabby leading men he stands out in the crowd which isn't a bad asset for a soap actor.

Archived