DAYS: Question about Kate

• Members

I have been wondering this lately, and this might sound like a stupid question but can someone please explain to me why Kate always seemed to push Austin and Carrie together while scheming with Billie to break up Bo and Hope. I know Kate had good reason to take Sami down and make sure Austin never ended up with her, but it doesn't make sense that she thought it was right to make sure Bo ended up with Billie.........I know it probably all boils down to wanting the fans to root for Bo and Hope even more and maybe to show some sympathy towards Sami, and Kate always thinks she does what's best for her children etc.....

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Thanks

I know the writing for Kate has sort of always been really over the top making her into the biggest bitch possible, but the Bo/Billie thing really bothered me because Hope never really did anything to her.

I remember she did this years later with Phillip just because he was so in loved with Belle she made sure Shawn wouldn't get back with her....I was actually watching those days.

I just hate it when they make the vililaness really only root for one specific "good" person while not giving a damn about the other "good" people she hurts in the process. even Stephanie started out not liking Taylor then after they were friends for years she did turn on her again for some time....

• Members

From what I remember Kate's desire to break up Bo and Hope wasn't because Hope had "done anything" or Kate hated her.. but just because Kate wanted to make sure Billie got what she wanted.. and since Billie really wanted Bo, Kate would do whatever it took to help her get him... as for Carrie/Austin, Kate has always pushed for Austin to be with Carrie because Carrie is the "good girl" and Sami the "bad sister." Really it all boils down to Kate wanting the best for her children, which I think makes her character relatable.... She wants the best for Austin and Lucas, and therefore has always fought to keep them both away from Sami, because Kate believes Sami will ruin their lives.. She wants the best for Billie and wants her to be happy, so that's why she fought for Billie to be with Bo. I believe even with Phillip she encourage him to be with Belle and not Chloe, because at the time Chloe was "ghoul girl" and not worthy of being with her son. (I could be off on that one though)

• Members

I think the underlying factors may have been firstly Kate felt forever guilty for abandoning Billie and Austin and over compensated by trying to get them everything they wanted.

Secondly after her run in with Vivian she seemed to be a little more ruthless. Kate's rationale was that Bo loved Billie and his marriage to Hope was over. In Lauren Koslow's early run (when Kate was somewhere between the generally good person Deborah Adair played and the ruthless schemer Lauren eventually played) she justified everything as she believed Hope and Bo didn't belong together and they were holding to something that had died long ago.

Quite honestly it wasn't that much different from Alice trying to get Bo and Hope back together when everyone thought she was Gina. Alice should have stayed out of Bo and Billie's relationship and let them be, her quest to prove Gina was Hope didn't need to be about reuniting Bo and Hope.

Archived