Preachers of LA

frequentsoapfan

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

My cousin dvr'd last week's episode and we watched it last night. We thought it was instantly addictive. People were all abuzz about it on FB last weekend. I had already recognized some of the names and faces from Gospel music and ministry. Noel Jones (center in above pic) is Grace Jones' brother for those of you who didn't already know.

• Members

I side eye Bishop McClendon and his entourage(especially after all the gossip over the years about him).

Actually I side eye most of them because those mega churches bother me. You have some people in the congregation struggling to get by while the pastor is riding around in his fancy cars and living in his mansion. Not saying a pastor has to be poor but they shouldn't be living an overly lavish life either.

Bishop Jones is too old for the bachelor act and I don't like the whole ladies man preacher thing.

• 1 month later...
  • Members

Ok so I finally found the time and caught up with this entire season. Despite my earlier reservations about the show it actually turned out to not be that bad.

Ron Gibson: He came out of the first season looking the best to me. I love how he goes to the hood and actually wants to uplift the community and understands you have to connect to the youth instead of just preaching at them. I'm not very involved in church right now but if I were to go to any of their churches it would be his. Also liked seeing him help his sister recover from her drug habit. The scene where he saved her from the crackhouse was a bit contrived but this is reality tv I know fake things will creep their way in. I loved his wife and they seem to be a couple that could be backbone to the show.

Pastor Cheney: I know this is bad but he was so dam fine to me! I know people that actually attend his church and they say he is a great and humble preacher. I like his wife too she is very talented and educated and I love seeing strong black marriages on tv. They weren't the most entertaining but every show needs supporting people and theyy serve that role well.

Pastor Haizlip: I thought he was cute too lol.... him and his wife seemed very down to earth and like the Cheneys they fulfill the role of supporting characters well. I'd like to see them return also but I would like to see them do more things. I feel like all I saw them do was react to everyone else's stuff.

Pastor Jones: I didn't like him and think he and Loretta crafted their story for tv. Next!

Pastor McClendon: he seemed so opportunistic and narcissistic to me. Looks like he is very hard on his kids. I guess he stopped filming with everyone after hos argument with Deitrick. His wife seemed very uninvolved. They prob won't return so it is what it Is. IIwas disgusted to learn he begged his first wife for a divorce for five years and when she finally filed he married Priscilla six days later. Smdh.

Deitrick: I couldn't stand how the show revolved around him but he did bring the f-ckery. Him and Dominique were some damn liars acting like they weren't having sex. All his talk about needing to be with his family and rushing marrying Dom was to cover up he got her pregnant out of wedlock AGAIN! Just shady. I would never go to hos church. Was shocked to see he is 40 years old. He needs to dress and act age appropriate. He also does way too much. So overdrmatic and zesty. I don't see how Dominique deals. His sister did the most with that ratchet ass blue weave.

Overall it was better than expected and I will be here for Season 2.

Archived