September 16-20, 2013: Good Week For DAYS and GH

Toups

• Members

Actually GH gained viewers for 7 weeks straight in a row including the weeks in August when Laura went on her search to bring Luke home. GF was heavily featured during the 50th and February when GH last scored good ratings. I don't see how GF can be called a ratings drag.

Luke, Laura, Felicia and Mac are vets that rec'd a decent amount of airtime in August for Maxie's birth story. Tracy, AJ and Sonny were on a good amount with Connie's murder story too.

Just my own observation the ratings are going up because FINALLY things are happening. We had 2 births, a murder, and some secrets finally revealed.

More vets are coming

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm not so naive as to believe Genie would have an affect on the ratings, as an individual, one way or the other. I just like making fun at her expense because she so horrible! But in the grand scheme of things, GH stopped needing Genie about 20+ years ago (and I'm being generous). She adds nothing!

• Members

Well, 20 years ago was 1993 when L&L returned to big ratings. Genie helped lead GH to overcome DOOL's dominance over the 18-49 demos in 98. L&L's wedding in 2006 was a big ratings winner for GH and she generated a nice bump for 2008 too.

I don't think GH ever stopped needing the woman who helped save it and who anchored so many successful stories. I enjoyed the new show the Goldbergs promoting the L&L wedding. Love or hate them, L&L are a household name and one of the few ways GH gets mainstream attention.

Anyhoo, I don't think Genie is horrible. Laura brings a much needed warmth to scenes and Luke is so much better a person around her than with enabling shrew Tracy, IMO.

• Members

The way it is now, GH is an ensemble show. Would be missing the point, I feel, to attribute consistent ratings gains or declines to a small set of specific characters. I haven't seen anyone mention Maura West in here though, and I think she should get some credit too if individuals are being named. Not just the presence and ability of her as an actress, but also the use of her character, including her interaction with the youngsters and the resurrection of the Jerome family.

As for Genie Francis, I totally disagree that Genie Francis is horrible. I love her, and Laura! Laura is one of the reasons I was hooked on GH in the mid-90s.

Archived