The Grace Kelly Thread

MissLlanviewPA

• Members

220px-Grace_Kelly_-_High_Society.jpg

Some love Marilyn, others love Audrey. For me, it will always be Princess Grace.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1v467iyl2Mc

From Hitchcock's favorite leading lady to Princess of Monaco, she won hearts throughout her life, and I have always loved Jimmy Stewart's eulogy of her:

And now, the movie Grace of Monaco will be out soon. I'm not sure what to make of Nicole Kidman in the role yet (although visually I can see it now), but I'm willing to give her a chance.

Here's the new trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSpjWwMlC0g

Any other fans here? What are your favorite movies of hers? I personally need to see more of her movies outside of Hitchcock's work (little as there is), but I'd like to hear from you guys.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I love Rear Window, it is such a great movie I can watch it over and over. High Noon I think is overrated. I never had the desire to see it again and for the life of me I can't understand why it is considered a key western. High Society was ok, nothing special as far as musicals go. Unfortunately, those are the only three GK movies I have seen. She certainly was stunning and I remember reading back when they did Night Of 100 Stars that she and Elizabeth Taylor were the only stars to be given their own dressing rooms. She was a big deal even to Hollywood.

• Members

YES! Absolutely the perfect combination. Kelly was Hitch's dream leading lady (although I personally love North By Northwest the best out of all his films.

I also loved The Swan where she played... an European princess who is all set to be married off to neighbouring Prince Alec Guiness but falls in love with her music teacher Louis Jourdan.

DaytimeFan, I think I saw the exhibition. It was great! They also had letters she received from Hitchcock, Cary Grant, David Niven and other friends, and even some personal photos of when she and Prince Rainier were hanging out on their down time with their kids.

And FTR, Grace Kelly was the classiest thing to ever hit Monaco, or La Rocher. She bought a lot of prestige to the place, and even designed the uniforms of Monaco's policemen! The Monégasques (the true locals who have been there generations) adored her and still speak about her with awe because she worked so hard to promote the place and lift its image in the world.

Archived