Y&R: Katherine Chancellor's Memorial will air in September

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Bryton James just signed a two year deal. And he said that he would get back to filming this week...so I am sure he is heavily involved. But good grief, why the heck is Cane? For the last time, he is nobody to Kay. Why do these writers continue to act as if he is. And if they have her leave him in charge of CI and Devon and Jill just sit back and allow that, I am going to blow a gasket. Kay should leave Cane nothing. Nothing. She should be pissed that he knowingly and intentionally conned them all.

• Members

I love Bryton, but I don't understand why they keep renewing his contract when they never seem to feature him. It's kinda weird. And he's a young actor, so it doesn't make sense that they don't use him, but we all know thats only because he's black. They don't even attempt to give him a real love interest.

• Members

I am sure they do it because he is the ONLY black male in his age range with ties to the canvas. And of course, they don't use him because he is a black man that can not be paired with the white women on canvas. The fact that Kevin has been married twice just solidifies my opinion.

• Members

I worry this will be typical JFP and focus more on the current actors and less on bringing people back. Considering Katherine never stopped being a frontburner character, this needs to be more than two episodes. They could easily bring back a good 10-15 people over time, because this needs to affect the entire canvas. Nina, Mac, Brock, Dina and so many more just off the top of my head. Not to mention all of the people currently on canvas. Plus since Jill SHOULD be central, they need to bring back members of the Foster family so she would have support. I just don't see this working.

• Members

Cane was Katherine's grandson for a time too and she still loves him in that way. And Cane could easily be made Katherine's grandson again (Tucker's son with GenV.). It's only the stroke of a pen that keeps Devon a grandson and NOTHING else. No one associated Devon with Kay, or anything Chancellor related, before the Tucker/Devon reveal, whereas Cane has always been living in the Chancellor world through Jill, Chloe, Mac having Lily's babies, Amber, Billy, etc., etc.. Cane has years of being in the Chancellor mansion, with Kay, and in Kay family scenes; Devon hardly has any, maybe a handful?

It's hard to carry on someone's legacy if they weren't onscreen together for an extended length of time. Heck they could find that Dylan is actually Kay's grandson; would that stroke of the pen make Dylan the one to carry on Kay Chancellors legacy? Due to lack of developing any young family with Kay during her final decade, Cane is the closest younger character they have to her, so they would need Jill big-time to do it right.

Yup, it'd only work with more Jill and unfortunately I haven't seen any indication that her role will be expanding past these "visits". Jill Foster Abbott attending kiddie parties and being a sounding board for other characters twice a month isn't going to carry on Kay or Chancellor legacy into the future. Jill is not and has never been a Gina type character and it's too late in the game to make her one. If Jill isn't involved in meaty story developing Chancellor clan heirs, there's no more Chancellor, and seeing Jill reduced to playing Gina isn't something I want to watch. I'm not sticking around after the funeral for meaningless appearances from Jill so I'm hoping for the best, but preparing myself for the worst.

• Members

It seems like the show has an adversion to bringing back any character from the first 2 decades. I can think of several characters that need to come back for the memorial.

Brock

MacKenzie

Snapper Foster & wife Chris Brooks Foster

Joanne Curtis who Kay had a relationship with in the 70's.

Felipe (the guy Kay was on the island with)

Jeff the stable boy Kay slept with in the 70's played by Rod Arrants. They could have Ashley bump into him and remark you look like my late first husband Dr. Steven Lassiter.

Greg Foster

Julia Newman

Gina Roma

Danny Romalotti

Nina Webster

Derek Thurston

Stuart, Laurie, Leslie, and Peggy Brooks

Dina Abbott

Birdie (The woman from the homeless shelter).

Kurt Costner who is recurring needs to make an appearance since Kay took him in years ago.

Mary Williams also knew Kay, but since the actress has passed, they should have Paul mention her passing or if they intend to keep her character alive, have Paul say she would want to be there, but she is out of town/sick etc......

• Members

Well cane isn't now. He is a fraud con man. And it made Kay look stupid to continue to care for him after his lies...her and Jill. Regardless of what could have happened or could happen...he is not. And I don't think there are many people who want to see him inherit from her. The only people I have seen who thinks it make any sense are Lane fans.

Archived