OLTL-Tuesday, April 30th 2013 Discussion Thread

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

RH has a contract with both PP & ABC. he will play Todd on OLTL & a new role on gH. Dont take what Nelson Branco "Scoops" as gospel

I loved the Victor reveal. ABC would have kept him hidden. PP wants to advance stories. Total win.

I believe reactions of Victor JR being alive will come. Not the right place for them. Focus was on Dani.

• Members

All we know right now is what's been in front of us. He's in contract cast in the end credits (as is Trevor St. John as Victor - I checked). He was listed as contract in the original press release. SON claims he is continuing, and he's a fairly large fixture in the opening. (I had expected them to add Trevor to it today; I hope they do that shortly.) Beyond that everything is murky, but I expect we will keep seeing both of them.

I liked today. I was a little taken aback by them going all in with Victor so fast, but I got the sense that the writers just wanted to be over and done with RC's cliffhangers as quickly as possible and start building from them for their own stories for these characters, which I can respect. Victor seems to think Todd was behind his abduction, which is not true - I love the umbrella with them and Dorian and the CIA so far.

That beard is really, really working for Trevor. He looks amazing. I also liked the signs of PTSD today - jumping when the door slammed. I hope they put a lot more time into the reactions and fallout, which they didn't do today. I did like the more pensive scene with Todd and Blair at "Coffee Shop" (sigh).

I actually loved the David and Dorian stuff. It was a lot more coherent than anything they've had together in a long time. He was a lot smarter and more supportive than he's been in years; he reminded me of the way he was under Malone about ten years ago, when he was her actual advocate and partner as opposed to just sort of a clownish nuisance for her to struggle to manage. He was actually the straight man to Dorian today and it worked. I loved the building narrative around Dorian being set up to take the fall by her "betters". I wish Robin would've toned it down a bit - and I got the sense that she was embroidering a lot of her lines, not the first time I've thought so - but Robin has been like this for years and years and that's not going to change. Or maybe it will. Even Andrew Trischitta did okay with his few lines today, BTW.

As I said, I thought Laura Harrier was fine. Maybe a little green, but perfectly decent compared to some of the kids I saw on ABC's OLTL or Days with months or years under their belt (or NuKristina on GH - thank God she's gone). A lot better than Shenell. I like her.

I have to make some allowances for both PP shows as they are still on Day 2 and setting up story with exposition (AMC moreso than OLTL) and it's hard to get a read on how the day to day will be just yet. It's still settling into more organic rhythms of character and dialogue - but I like what they have done so far, a lot.

• Members

+1000000

IMHO AMC was horid its last two yers so the 5 year jump should help but they have to reset everyone. With OLTL the story was so good at the end so they had a great launching pad.I agree that they wanted the Vic reveal ASAP to move on in their own direction. That is a good thing.

• Members

Until I see it from a reputable source - which Nelson Branco really isn't these days, given his record, and I haven't seen anyone else remotely credible jump on it either - I have no reason to believe it. Do us all a favor and stop speaking as though it is incontrovertible fact just because you emotionally need it to be. It's misinformation and it does both the board and you a disservice.

• Members

Sounds like they had the right idea. Ron would have dragged it out for about a year only for the reveal to be anticlimactic! While I didn't care for the show at all, I think it was a great idea to reveal it now and move on, which means the show might have good focus and an idea where it wants to go. Good sign.

• Members

I can understand them just wanting to get it over with and do their stories. I do hope they explore the fallout more as the canvas settles into place. I think the strongest stuff is the stuff not immediately tied to the cliffhanger - namely, the reveal of Victor being alive, which they just dispensed with. I thought the CIA thing was so strong though, especially the way they've reconceived David and Dorian to actually be a team and not just buffoons. David less so than Dorian at the moment, amazingly. Robin's been under Frank and then Ron for so long that I'm not sure she knows when to tone it down. She's the issue for me at the moment, frankly, which is a shame since I love her to death and always have.

I was upset that the grand staircase at La Boulaie is gone and now the foyer kind of looks like a really goth'ed out bed and breakfast. But except for the staircase it looks exactly like La Boulaie with a kooky Tim Burton makeover courtesy of Dorian or Blair and I like it a lot.

Archived