Vertically-Challenged: Has politically-correctness gone too far?

allmc2008

• Members

I keep hearing reporters on TV saying "Vertically-Challenged" instead of short. There are other things as well but I just came back from a strenuous Cardio Fitness class and eating Chex-Mix so I really can't think of other things right now.

Anyway, to me, I think they have crossed the line!! I thought deeming cartoons such as Animaniacs as "Politically Incorrect" because of the innuendos was the point they crossed the line but not using the word "Short" is illogical! I would rather be called "Short" because it doesn't have the word "Challenged" in it. I think "Vertically-Challenged" sounds more like a weird growth than not being taller than the average person.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I certainly this this has gone way too far. And I'm not being hypocritical either: I'm obese (although not quite the size of Chris Christie), and I feel the same way anytime someone uses the term "calorically challenged."

• Members

It's certainly a term that's rarely used, but I must say that this is the first time I have heard of people being called vertically challenged. That's really a new extreme in political correctness.

Archived