Tyler Perry's 'Haves and Have Nots' on OWN

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I was watching this show with my mother over Christmas and the dialogue was killing me! It was the scene where Jim tells the family he's running for governor. All these quick 1-3 word sentences back and forth is so annoying. Perry, hopefully has taken critcisim and improves his writing skills over the hiatus.

On a side note, it was hilarious watching with my grandmother bc she talks to the tv as if the characters are listening to her. The stuff she was saying to Candice was particular killing me

• Members

The first episode of the new season should've packed a lil more punch. Not enough of the Cryer family and too much of those 2 nobodies at the hospital with Hannah.

A couple things I noticed is that they've increased the production values. That outside scene with Candace and Jeffrey was nice. Looks like they'll be doing more of those. And they finally built a set for Veronica and Peter Parros. Nice big bedroom and their outside windows showed movement (car lights of a moving car) which makes it appear more realistic. And at the hospital, they had long hallways in the background with actual people moving up & down the hallway, something I've never seen on a daytime soap. The actual waiting room looked like a typical soap set, but those background hallways looked totally real.

• Members

Yeah, I only saw tv ads this weekend...and one of those was on NatGEO wild...not a channel I would think of for cross promotion.

Sad...but in a world with Honey BooBoo and that mean dance teacher, I guess I shouldn't be surprised. At least I'm free. biggrin.png

• Members

Just watched the premiere. I really liked it!

.Candace and Jeffrey's friendship was nice. I lol'd when he said "you're my bad bitch"

LOL at when Katherine asked Amanda didc she even realize they were having a conversation over her head and Amanda's said "yeah its about Wyatt" :lol: :lol:

Intrigued by the hit and run story as well.

• Members

Rubbish! Unadulterated Rubbish!

The show starts with Candace and that speed bump talking about an inheritance, takes it into the house and it runs for the first 12 minutes? Hello, there was a hit and run!!!!!

The scenes at the hospital were embarrassing. The casting call for those performers, "Must have no acting experience at all". Horrible OTT scenes. The father, the minister, the girl and Crystal were all painful to watch. The directing of those scenes were of grade school caliber.

And after all these years, Pete Parros is still trying to act. Wish he'd just give up already.

Terrible return from hiatus jeal0002.gifjeal0002.gifjeal0002.gif

I think there were a total of 6 or 7 scenes. Yes, I've been reduced to clocking the scenes for this clusterfuck of a show!

• Members

People keep saying this should be a daily soap but I can't imagine how bad it would be to watch them drag these scenes out for 5 days. Bad idea to spend half the episode having this stranger berate his drugged out daughter in the hospital.

Candace and Katherine are the only reason I watch this show though I have a soft spot for the eye candy Adrian Bellani provides and I'm hoping he's shirtless when his character makes his appearance.