GH: Discussion for the Month of March

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I admit. I like no...scratch that...love Todd. But, he's not why I have a problem with GH.

I like Todd more on GH than I ever did on OLTL (What little I saw of RH's Todd on there)

Also. They need to give that man a bird again. Those scenes of him and that parrot. Moose was his name right? Were so cute. Get another parrot Todd! :)

• Members

I enjoy Todd in certain scenes and certain situations with other characters (John and Johnny) but he's pretty much a walking joke now.

I liked some of his scenes with Carly, his goodbye to Starr. I sometimes like him in scenes with John and Johnny but overall, the character is a mess.

Howarth does do comedy well so I do enjoy it when Todd is funny but it's more for Howarth than for Todd, at least for me.

• Members

uh no Guza's stories were not better than any of this, not in any way. Sure let's bring Guza back, he'll promptly kill off Kevin, Lucy, Laura, AJ, he'll pair Carly and Sonny for the umpteenth time, even though LW and MB have not one lick of chemistry, he'll backburner Tracy, and so on.

Oh and for the Anniversary show we'll get a mob shootout where everyone but Sonny, Carly and Sam are killed ;)

Yeah let's wish for that lol

• Members

I don't see it as anyone wishing Guza would come back. I sure as hell don't want him back. He did far more damage than good for this show. All everyone is saying is that the show was written better, as in the day to day execution (which I guess contradict each other? LOL). Not the overall storylines. At least that's how I see it. I don't want that man anywhere near GH again.

• Members

As for Ron vs Guza, I can't speak to Guza but Ron's stint on GH has pushed him past Dena Higley as the worst thing that ever happened to OLTL. It was a tight race before but Dena's actual reign at the helm of OLTL was worse. Ron wasn't much better, but the trashing he did to OLTL stories and characters since he moved to GH gives him the nudge. And he's weak at best on GH. He cannot write anything that emotionally resonates if his life depends on it. His plots are nonsensical at best and his characterization is bland and boring. His idea of respecting history equates to basically repeating stories and inserting "inside jokes" to the audience via winks and nods. Ron's soap is to drama what a pun is to poetry.

• Members

Considering that:

1. This show hasn't had a Nurses' Ball since the turn of the millennium

2, It is tied into this show's 50th anniversary

3. It is a showcase for all the returning vets to meet up

4. It is a fun storyline that is steeped in the history that I cherish about this show

I have zero problem with it being a 12-day long event. In fact, I applaud Cartini for putting forth the genuine effort to honor this show.

Archived