Soapnet's "50 years in 50 hours" GH marathon

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Phil was controlling and philandering. He eventually raped his second wife.

Jessie married several times, once to Lee Baldwin (then she left him for Phil one last time), and I think to a man named something Prentice.

I'm mostly taping these, at least some, to watch with a friend, but I saw a little of Heather. I wish they hadn't ruined her this past decade.

• Members

First '79 eppy questions:

1. Was Monica having trouble giving birth to AJ because she had a difficult pregnancy, the stress of her secret, or because she had no anesthesia?

2. I know Evilena hated Monica because she didn't think that she was good enough for Alan, but I want to know if Monica came from a lower or middle class background?

3. Was Mitch the first of Evilena's trifling husbands/love interests? Who was the lady with him?

4. As much as I've never liked Evilena, it is kind of pathetic that the closest thing to a genuine love interest that she's had (according to what I've read online) in her 35+ years on this show is a temp called Joe Scully, Jr.

I guess that blows the Sabrina Is The Most Annoying Character In GH History theory out of the water...tongue.png

• Members

1.Lord Larry? He couldn't have been that bad since he and Evilena created my Nedley...wub.png But, seriously, what made Nedley's father a lout? And you mean to tell me that he never appeared on canvas once? What a shame.

2. So, Susan's concubining precedes Alan? Hmm, I always thought that she was brought on canvas specifically to screw with Alan & Monica. Did she have any redeeming qualities at all or was she grimy from beginning to end?

laugh.png

I guess I should say Evilena Q to differentiate...

• Members

1. Taken in? I thought that Monica was well into her 20s when she came on as a doctor in the late 70s. Was her triangle with Alan & Rick a case of her truly loving the doctor of humble means, yet choosing to go with the doctor with the big money in order to secure her station in life?

2. So, basically, Evilena's had sh!tty taste in men for 35+ years? I wonder how come the writers never had the same consideration for her as they did for Bobbie and Monica (bad girls who at least got one good man in their years on this show).

Archived