Spartacus: War of the Damned

Juliajms

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Tiberius' death was beyond weak....I'd rather have had him get raped a dozen times by Ceasar on their journey back and THEN get killed by Kore or whomever.

Agron lives though so I suppose I can't be that upset/mad.

Can't believe this entire series ends on the 12th. Its been a crazy ride but I hope the conclusion is well written and leaves a nice feeling in my heart. While I'm sad for Naevia I do think she is the reason Crixius is dead and I'll never forgive her for that. Crixius needed someone to give him some logical advice once in a while and she clearly was unhinged this season....

The last scene with the tribute to Crixius was very moving though. And I was so touched that they remembered all the old characters like Duro and Barca.....very moving.

• Members

I am not sure what I think of Da Vinci, the promo is so so. As for Tiberius, yes his death was pretty mild compared to how people usually go out on this show. I don't even remember seeing any blood.

Prince, yes Naevia was off her rocker. It's funny how originally this actor as Spartacus I was indifferent to but he really grew into the role and he gives a good speech.

• Members

I've hated the recast Nivea since she started and have been hoping she'd die but it just never seems to happen.

I was shocked to hear Barca's shout out.

I still find myself watching and wishing Andy Whitfield hadn't passed away but Liam got better as Spartacus.

I think this season suffered from the lack of actual stories that the other seasons had, but I guess they had to get to the war stuff.

• Members

What an amazing finale.  The action and war sequence is far beyond anything ever seen on TV to date.  Then the death of Gannicus where he was surrounded was hard to watch but when he was stuck there on the cross and he was reunited with Anaemeus and we got to see what his notion of heaven was, that was just an awe inspiring and visually stunning sight.  Spartacus vs Crassus was a great fight, and I love how the show interwove the death scenes of all he lost along the way.  His actual final scene was beautiful as well.  

The final credits brought a smile to my face and then almost a tear to my eye.   I am glad the show threw everyone from all the seasons into the credits, and the very final shot with Andy Whitfield was  so perfect.   A perfect end to a near-perfect series.   The most fun and best series just about nobody watched in my opinion.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/DipPRbC0Ykk?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

• Members

What a finale...I admit I began to tear up watching Gannicus on the cross..and then Spartacus saying one last that that wasn't his name..I was done for...and the final shot in the credits being Andy...just perfect. I'm gonna miss this show big time.

I will say I was pleased with Naeveas death, I actually laughed...Ive never had a recast make me hate a character so much lol.

Archived