Your LEAST Favorite Opening Sequences

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The worse is when they flash both the character and actor name, and you can't even read either. The only time I felt it kinda worked was in AMC's gold opening (with just the character names).

That Johnny Mathis theme for Loving is so bombastic that it just makes me love--the last Loving song was better, but pretty dated as well. And yes, the Passions song was SO wrong IMHO--it sounds like a Lilith Fair reject--not representational of the campy show that we got at all.

• Members

It's the worst soap opening ever and that music was especially laugh worthy when it would start during scenes to lead into the opening.

I liked the Passions theme but it really didn't fit the show especially by the end. It was like a facade before the show began because It wasn't just a show about love and family in a quaint seaside town. Not with all that went on in that town.

• Members

G U I D I N G L I G H T is definitely the worst of all time. I remember when they announced the show would be getting a new opening, they talked about how much it would be a "call-back" to Hold On to Love and how viewers would love it, but the previous opening (with the life savers, which I LOVED) was much more in line with Hold On to Love than that scrolling mess. It was just...ugh. Cheap, amateur, bland, boring. How in the holy hell they thought that was an improvement over the previous opening is beyond me.

• Members

No wonder he had a heart attack. His blood pressure must have been through the --

Mrs. Chen: WE NO USE MSG!

Khan: Did I say you do? Besides, MSG has nothing to do with --

Mrs. Chen: WE NO USE MSG!

Khan: Would you give it a rest, Calgon Lady!

Archived