HOLIDAY MIRACLE: Prospect Park Back On Track To Revive AMC and OLTL

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I don't want to get into a he said she said, but my understanding was she didn't say she didn't believe it would happen, but that it still wasn't a lock. And I think we all knew that. Until they've taped something. It's not a lock IMHO.

But Robin tweeting a firm date to start taping makes me almost optimistic. I think. It's such a strange emotion and so rarely felt in the last year, I'm having trouble recognizing it.

• Members

I guess it depends on what it means to "sign on." She's a New Yorker and my understanding is that her real love is theatre. She has nothing to lose by committing to this project. If it works, she makes a little money while being able to work on her own project and if it falls apart, it costs her nothing. I see it as no different than choosing to take the cash payout in the office lottery pool. It only matters if you win.

• Members

Jacob on what he thinks will happen to the character of JR post-ABC cliffhanger, and what he has heard in terms of a recast for the role: “From what I understand, they are going to be moving the show forward a year, so they can get past that point. They told me every time they try to write the story, JR obviously would come into the picture. They also told me whether I could, or could not do AMC; they were going to continue on with the character regardless. I said, ‘I understand.’ But then I had a couple of friends tell me that they are up for the role of JR! They called and said, ‘Hey dude, I am up for your role!’ And I would go, ‘Yeah? Good.’ If it means another one of my fellow actors I know gets the job, than I am very happy for them. It’s a special character and always will be.”

http://michaelfairmansoaps.com/news/exclusive-jacob-young-speaks-on-his-status-with-bb-prospect-park-concerning-amcs-jr-chandler/2013/02/04/

• Members

AMC has had at least one L.A. actor sign on. Jill Larson has been living in L.A. As for the Carlivati bashing, I don't think the ratings success of both OLTL and GH could be a complete accident. OLTL wasn't cancelled because of the ratings, the ratings were stable/growing. When OLTL and now GH were and are growing in the ratings at a time of overall soap stagnation in the ratings, he must have been and must be doing something right.

Archived