K&L Love Nest

Ryan Chamberlain

• Replies 792
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I wish I knew how to do it. But, I don't think I have any old GH's on actual videotape. Just a few 90s ones on my DVR.

I commend you for you doing that though. Because, if it hadn't been for your channel. I wouldn't have seen all the 90s/early 00s that I have. And, that's what really bought me to GH as a fan. Not just someone who watched a few episodes a week and was like MEH. But, I bet it is a real PITA (pain in the ass) to keep up with.

• Members

I have it pretty organised and labeled so it's not too hard but it's hard sometimes to remember what I've clipped and haven't clipped. It also gets annoying when certain rude people who live with me go through the DVDs and VHS tapes and mess them up so I then have to go back through again to see whether I've clipped or transferred it yet.

I have so much stuff- I have tons of tapes I need to get transferred and then a bunch of stuff I have transferred but haven't even began to edit yet. It's ridiculous lol.

I'm glad you enjoy them smile.png

• Members

We taped it directly off the telly for years no matter where we lived, because my stepmother would lose her mind if she missed her soaps. She also never threw anything away so we ended up like boxes of tapes. My aunt and grandmother also used to tape it for her and save them for us if me didn't have American soap access (this was a somewhat frequent occurrence- we moved a lot back then) so that just meant more tapes. They're a pain to transfer mellow.png . I've also gotten some DVDs and edits from people over the years.

• Members

We're back to not getting GH again mellow.png . Last time we had it, it was like a year behind. If there's stuff I'm interested in now, I just watch on Youtube. We get B&B, Y&R, and DAYS and I think they're all about a year behind. I know because of various reasons (mostly footy and cricket) they were all almost four year behind a couple of years ago, but they skipped ahead so we weren't too far behind now.

When we're getting the ABC lineups when I was younger, they were always ridiculously behind. I'm talking like it being 1996 and getting 1988/1989 episodes. They'd then skip around and move forward. It was ridiculous. And it was always ABC. CBS and NBC were never that bad. But it did mean that I saw a lot of stuff I wouldn't have seen because I'd been too young when it aired in America.

Archived