Days Promo: Will/Sonny/Gabi/Nick

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Because it will likely take at least 3 more weeks for anyone else to figure out she's pregnant? I bet anything she doesn't get to tell Will in the scene where she's knocking on his door. Wouldn't even surprise me if she tries to pass the kid off as Nick's for awhile. Maybe Nick will even be the one to suggest it. I can see Gabi doing it to protect Will and Nick doing it because he doesn't agree with gay people raising children.

• Members

YES! I am here for this story. Its interesting, esp Nick citing religion as his issue with gay people but then having him have pre-marital sex with Gabi (typical) and the show saying shes impressible i wonder if they are going to have him minuplate her, esp given her mentally unstable history.. then add in Will being the father gay, his being gay, and his dating sonny. They have already pulled Lucas and Sami into this and added another layer with Nick going to work for Sami or Kate. Plus, Sami/Lucas having Will as a teen and now him as a teen dad is a cool subject point too. And hopefully Gabi dies when giving birth.

• Members

It's been mentioned before the reason the baby switch stuff happens all the time on soaps, but with the way networks change their minds on stories or mandate that they move faster, the only way for a regime to realllly sort of get what they want is for a character to get pregnant, because you at least have 9 months to play that story out. I can see why it would seem like an easier thing to do with Will/Gabi to keep the Will/Sonny and Gabi/Nick story going without any interference.

• Members

She should have suspected something in late Sept/early October when her period didn't come by. Mid Nov? Okay.... The promo makes it look like she accidentally finds out while seeing a doctor instead of actually coming to the conclusion herself. Women (well most) shouldn't be that dumb about their body

• Members

This is why these oops pregnancy stories are so outdated. For all who think these stories are so great, well maybe they were before the advent of birth control or in a society where there is more awareness about STDs. Do these shows know teen prenancies have dropped significantly over the past 10 years? Frankly it might have been more interesting had Will picked up an STD from Sonny or slept with someone(s)else as he was struggling with his sexual identity before Sonny and Gabi and then passed it onto both of them and her to Nick than another tired pregnancy story. Frankly it's lazy and sorry outdated storytelling.

There was a true story a few years back at a high school in New Haven, where several cases of syphillis were discovered and as it turned out 30 percent of the student body contracted it, as it was discovered there were sex parties galore going on among the students. And most of the student body were aware of STDs and pregnancy(took protective measures when having penetratable sex) but were not aware that some STDs could be spread through oral sex, which was how allegedly a good number of the students contracted it. This came to light because a group of parents and students got together and wanted to make the community aware of it to create awareness of what could happen.

• Members

I thought this was really well done on OLTL with Kim/Kyle/Fish/Stacey/Sky/Gigi/Rex, but that was a totally different scenario on a very different show . . . Ron Carlivati is very self-referential and that story's effect was more a comedy of errors. This could have legs, but it's also very convoluted and, more than anything, very sad. It's a giant roadblock, but it's not connective and spider webby like OLTL's similar situation. It just doesn't feel like there's enough potential to mine to warrant opening this can of worms.

IA that, likely, Gabi won't, for whatever reasons, tell Will after all and confess to Nick instead, who will suggest they just pass the baby off as theirs. These two couples have been bright spots for me (who the hell thought I could be interested in Gabi Hernandez?!?), but they could have drawn out their courtships a lot, lot longer and created drama alternatively, rather than go this pregnancy route. Everything on the show seems to be happening at warp speed, except EJ/Sami/Rafe, which seems to just trade off every six weeks.

I also agree that it's ridiculous that Gabi didn't realize immediately, then freak out immediately that she was late. It sends a bad message, lol.

Archived