Songs For/About Hurricane Sandy

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

We've done everything to prepare, I have relatives In Long Island, Connecticut and

Mass, and now all we can do is wait and hope it's not going to be all that bad. Schools are still

open here. It's going to be windy here all week and I don't think there will be any Halloween this year.sad.png

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QiQgDzeJV2s

• Members

I am in NYC and from my experience, we will not have much trouble. Every year the news tells us about yet another storm of the century and each time it is a big nothing for us. Maybe it has to do with being in NY Harbor, the buildings, or something else, but while NJ got pounded by Irene, we got a gust of wind and a drizzle. I have water, diet coke, and I have my deli open on the corner if I need to get something. Sandy arrives in earnest monday night for us, but she's gone by I think they are saying wednesday. With any luck for us here it will mean at most two days without subways and restaurants. I just find it is never as bad as the news makes it out because if the news doesn't make it out to be the worst storm ever nobody would watch. Frankenstorm indeed.

Archived