K-Pop Appeciation Thread

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Cheap, I saw this on Omonatheydidnt and was just coming here to post this very image! Even though I don't know Taeyang's work (hello, next Monday!), that face. That back! Those arms. Unf.

OMG, remember Psy? Gangnam Style! Everybody doing the cowboy? LOL. That seems a long way away from all this. Like a novelty song.

BIGBANG and Beast are Must-Check Outs for me right now, though God knows if I had the time I would be on the internet all day surfing YouTube for all the bands you mentioned and their MVs. Like, Jay Park, GD and T.O.P. look really interesting. So does Gray. So do Junhyng and Junho.... laugh.png I can totally understand your initial hesitation about trying new material because it does get to be an obsession -- I am more easily distracted at work now because all I want to do is replay Crooked or History or Growl in my head or something. It is scary how quickly this infiltrates your spare time.

Thanks for your list!

Edited by Cat

• Members

Taeyang's Rise teaser spot!!!!!!

I am definitely feeling the short blonde hair... the outdoor training... and the Tears for Fears sample at the end. Everybody wants to rule the world!

Omonatheydidnt gives its verdict: http://omonatheydidnt.livejournal.com/13293504.html?page=1#comments

Also up: 2NE1's dance version MV of Gotta Be You:

http://youtu.be/q3r9trAy_vg

Omona unimpressed. Maybe it's the sweaters they are wearing. http://omonatheydidnt.livejournal.com/13294131.html#comments#comments

And 2NE1's Bom has caused some "controversy" on the reality show Roommates.

http://omonatheydidnt.livejournal.com/13293817.html#comments#comments

Korean controversy lol OMG. They should check out reality TV in the UK or US!

• Members

GD went to Paris, met Pharrell

http://omonatheydidnt.livejournal.com/13289933.html#comments#comments

and posed with Taeyang for a new photobook:

7517_600.jpg

8489_600.jpg

I am also posting an older EXO song called What is Love, very ballad-y, RnB, back when they were just figuring out their image:

Highlights:

- Baekyun and D.O.'s soulful voices,

- Kai's beautiful face. And beautiful jacket.

- face-twins Luhan and Sehun randomly toasting marshmallows with each other (!).

• Members

Our wires crossed!

All I can say is one giant Unf to Taeyang boxing with his chain in his mouth. UNF, boy!

I liked both songs you posted -- I think I might prefer Gray's one a shade more (even though the chick in it has a terrible nose job).

• Members

yes he's looking super good there

and LMAO at what you had to say about the nose job

2NE1

tumblr_n638ebk2m81ri7g2fo4_250.gif

tumblr_n6afiab4b41tu5hono1_500.gif

CL for Maybelline. She is breathtaking

tumblr_n69tubhfPX1towbsko1_500.png

Forever the baddest female

tumblr_mcsol1vJRP1rft3u4o1_500.jpg

Those are logos for 2NE1 shirts. Man I want them

tumblr_mcsol1vJRP1rft3u4o3_r1_500.jpg

BIGBANG Boys

tumblr_msw2cuTjvx1r53jvoo1_500.gif

I know AMD would get a kick out of that

tumblr_n6abrlcV3W1qaydm3o1_250.pngtumblr_n6abrlcV3W1qaydm3o2_250.png

tumblr_n6appth2w81s0hvtpo2_500.jpg
tumblr_n6appth2w81s0hvtpo1_500.jpg

Adorable

YES

EXO

tumblr_n6aqkjl8kK1swklydo2_500.gif

I love this guy

When I first heard that song I was shocked as that was their follow up to Mama and History and a completely different style. I also thought it was bold to release a song with just two of the members singing, but they made sure to get the strongest ones. Id be sure to check out the EXO-M version if you havent bc Chen and Luhan do an equally good job. Such a different and mature sound

Edited by Cheap21

• Members

First of all, love love LOVE your avatar! And your signature! I sense that BigBang are currently in your #1 fave spot at the moment.

Um, those pics of T.O.P. (am I correct?) with his natural hair color are so striking. Especially the last one. I love his eyebrows and his mouth, and the way his shirt is all messed up at the collar.

Is "1 Year with CL" a reality show? Maybe I need to get into that to get to know CL. I have to say, I love the "deck of cards" design for the 2NE1 T-shirts. Is the second one CL with the dark hair swept over one eye? Because I like that one.

• Members

I never thought Suho would suit the blonde locks (I don't think D.O. would, either. Don't get me wrong, I love D.O., he's so cute and shy and cuddly, but I'm not sure that blonde is for him) but it does. He looks really cute! Blonde also really suits Kai whose luscious mouth you can just see on the right and who is truly one of the most beautifully-looking people Korea has ever produced.

And then on the left, you have my lovely, kooky, awkward Sehun giving us the Smize. lol. I am completely infatuated. Also: I am pretty convinced that he and Tao are in a romantic relationship IRL. On EXO Showtime, they are literally always together, getting into mischief. Be warned -- I kind of went nuts on Tumblr:

Early days of EXO (well, early 2013):

tumblr_mx4iy3CfOl1r6two8o8_250.giftumblr_mx4iy3CfOl1r6two8o9_250.gif

tumblr_mx4iy3CfOl1r6two8o7_250.giftumblr_mi6l5mQNwV1r0bekqo2_250.gif

That third gif, lol.

tumblr_inline_mnvtp1bnkd1qz4rgp.giftumblr_inline_n1ldceIyTA1r3xvmh.gif

Self-explanatory.

tumblr_mzpl32g88p1sgaxs7o1_500.gif

tumblr_mzpl32g88p1sgaxs7o2_500.gif

tumblr_mzpl32g88p1sgaxs7o3_500.gif

tumblr_mzpl32g88p1sgaxs7o4_500.gif

Tao gave Sehun a bracelet.

On EXO Showtime:

tumblr_mygcl44JXT1qkd8tqo3_250.giftumblr_mygcl44JXT1qkd8tqo4_250.gif

tumblr_n07nmabsw31qgnxifo2_500.gif

tumblr_mye99xKjDk1rtii99o1_500.gif

Work it Tao.

tumblr_n07s7wYgU31rbka0co2_500.gif

tumblr_n07u299vTz1qaq268o1_500.gif

Lover's tiff.

Growl promotion:

tumblr_mymvwpeYW51s4se20o1_250.giftumblr_mymvwpeYW51s4se20o2_250.gif

bexk.gifhmr0.gifxy5y.gif

mepv.gifmdts.gifwhxo.gif

LOL

At the MaMa Awards.

tumblr_mwcs9828Vr1saq0axo1_500.gif

tumblr_n0uj3yvZpU1qzh5sno1_500.gif

tumblr_mwq6mvObNz1rfzr7uo3_500.png

tumblr_mwq6mvObNz1rfzr7uo1_500.png

Tao invited Sehun to spend Chinese New Year with him and his parents in China this year. Hmmmmm.

Edited by Cat

• Members

Forgot to respond to this part. I saw the Chinese version, and I honestly cannot choose between Baekhyun/DO and Chen/Luhan. Chen really impressed me with his singing -- once again I feel like I have been overlooking this guy who is really talented. And Luhan's voice was so light and sweet. The only funny moment was Lay's English at the beginning and he said "gull" for "girl," but I found it endearing and totally understandable. I am impressed by EXO-M in general, though -- their version of Overdose was cleaner (in song) and more focused ( dancewise) than EXO-K's. Their dance version of History was cleaner, too. But D.O.'s voice is a big asset for EXO-K and he rocks both ballads and faster tracks. He comes alive when he sings, just like Kai is completely blissed out when he dances. LOL somebody on AsianJunkie posted that losing Kris was one thing, but if Kai or DO ever decided to make a run for it, SM would make sure to burn their passports and send ninja assassins out after them, lol.

Songwise, it was a really good move for SM to release a ballad like this after the heavy dance tracks of Mama and History because it got to showcase their versatility. It must have worked for the group because they also released a string of love ballads right after that, and then Miracles in December. And then choosing to go back to dance and Growl was another wise shift. IMO the only really wrong move has been Wolf (or "Wurf" as they pronounce it in the song).

• Members

Thanks! I really love your avvie too.Sehun looks adorable there

Yes thats T.O.P. He was voted Fuse' sexiest musician of 2013, along with Britney Spears: http://www.fuse.tv/2013/11/sexiest-artists-2013-poll-winners

Nah, thats not a reality show. I think the artist just wanted to capture her many different looks from the past year. I recognized many of them from live performances from "The Baddest Female" promotion last summer and the black look is from "Missing You". P.S. yes that is CL with the dark hair. She dyed it dark last year for this video:

Yes you went crazy on the gifs, but I love it...lol. I especially like those last two. Very touching. Yeah I didnt think Id like the blonde on Suho at first either but it suits him. Also agree with your assessment of D.O. He looks alot like BigBang memebr, Seungri to me, whom thankfully is the only member that has not gone blonde or done any coloring for that matter outside of a bit of brown. Both look good naturally, although I did like D.O.'s red hair from Growl. It was very subtle and not cartoony

tumblr_inline_mq0b2wx7eI1qz4rgp.png

Wolf will grow on you eventually...LOL. It did for me. One song from their album, I wish they had been a single was XOXO. I really like it

Edited by Cheap21

• Members

LOL, thanks re: the avatar, he's totally adorkable IMO.

tumblr_mwp5wtB9Mt1savepqo1_250.gif

And sorry again about all the gifs. I fell into Tumblr yesterday and there were so many hilarious ones, I literally couldn't climb my way out without grabbing at least 10.

I love XOXO too, and didn't realize that they never released it as a single on its own. It is so melodious-- not to mention the title track on one of their albums. Honestly, though, I love the YouTube vid that a fan produced here. The hangul/romanji/English translations are the focus, as are the color-coordinated shots of whoever is singing (particularly love DO's!). It's simple, fluffy and to the point and works better than an actual MV -- which, in EXO's case, would prob be filmed in the same dark garage, or in the Korean version of Pottery Barn. I don't need to see EXO in matching pink sweaters, buttondown shirts, khaki pants and loafers swaying to the vocals, kthanx.

You are right -- CL is beautiful, especially in that MV. I love her with that smooth dark hair. I think this is the most listenable 2NE1 song I have heard to date (not that I am an expert on many of their songs).

• Members

Same here! I had a crush on Sehun before I even considered he might be that way romantically inclined, but now that I've seen these two together on EXO Showtime and YouTube, I ain't bitter. In fact, I love them both all the more. It's part puppy love, part burning-hot attraction. Frankly, they are the cuteness.