AMC: If Felicia was not EP when Megan Mctavish bacame the HW the first time around....

allmc2008

• Members

I'm not sure if the story was re-written in a short span of time or if I'm slightly off on the memory, but at some point they did show a flashback of Maria in the bathroom having the miscarriage. They showed her panicking over the pregnancy, and wondering how she would get rid of the baby.

As for the scene where Maria tells Edmund, ELR has a few genuine moments, but most of it is written and delivered like a bad monologue, IMO.

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Didn't she say she rode a horse to make sure she'd miscarry, then aborted the child and buried it in the backyard?

I have a certain amount of support for McTavish when she is at her best, but baby stories are not among them. Starting around this period AMC had about five concurrent stories involving miscarriage, abortion, stillbirths, and women who couldn't conceive.

• Members

The story she tells Edmund is about horseback riding - I'm guessing the flashback that I can't quite recall is her having the miscarriage in the bathroom after she went out riding the horse. Not sure if they went graphic with the actual bathtub, but I seem to recall one of the Santos sibling knocking on the door off-camera, and Maria screaming for them to leave her alone.

Besides the JB hate, my main issues with McTavish was the general hate she seemed to disperse on the women in general. Can't come up with a good story for this female character - rape the character or find some other way to demean her.

Yes, McTavish did better with murder mysterious and such, but when she ran out of steam, that train took a hard fall of the cliff.

• Members

@ ghfan89, thanks for finding the bathroom scenes.

It also makes it even more out-of-character that Maria slept with Edmund so quickly - if this had actually been the devoutly religious life (and guilt) that Maria carted around - not just the contrived backstory that Megan pulled out of her butt...

Archived