DAYS: Is Rape on the Horizon? (RUMOR Question)

• Members

The carrie/rafe thing was rushed, and then rushed some more. fins rush into it but when its working DRAG that affair out!

sami has fallen victim to instead of being written for, shes written for others. she changes for story and man. they need to restablish sami as a character.

and we all know you hate will, but he aint going anywhere. he still is very popular and one of the characters they get the most positive feedback on, despite the nagative feedback they get over him being gay. and that marlena/sami/wil dynamic is so rich and complex and rooted in history is a soap opera gold mine, too bad nobody will tap into it and play it the way it should be, because it could really go to fix whats wrong with all three characters.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Is Will popular or is his relationship with EJ popular? That's the only positive thing I have heard about Will in the last year, aside from his shoving Sami and calling her a whore. Once that's gone (and apparently it is being phased out), will anyone care? The spoilers about Will/Gabi are just a WTF retread and if it's going to be one of those stories where Gabi passes his baby off as Chad's while he's with a terrified and weak Sonny, is that going to be an audience favorite?

People say Massey will leave when his contract is up (if DAYS is still on then) - why not just write the character out now and bring in new teens? If he's not with EJ, will most fans notice his absence?

• Members

He is popular. will/ej seems to be a small online thing like with most slash ships.

the gabi story is a good one, i like how it comes about and the potential fall out from it.

and his contract is up in like dec 2013. thats another year and 4 months away. plenty to play between now and then.

• Members

wants what story? wil banging gabi? and he doesnt want to work with freddy? that whole thing is beyond reaching. he hasnt played anything romantic with sonny because will hasnt had anything romantic with sonny to play, as of yet. sonny has a small interest, it seems, but will has none in sonny. im not sure why with this whole thing everyone throws direction out the window, as if it doesnt exist and CM runs his story and his scenes. boy dont got power at days, none.

• Members

He wants focus mostly on the Will/EJ relationship.

I don't know if he doesn't want to work with Freddie, I just think he doesn't care about Will/Sonny. He basically said as much in an interview, and I don't think he has put very much into the Will/Sonny scenes. I imagine it seems dull compared to the stuff with EJ that got so much attention, and EJ is also the show's leading man, which means a lot of story and airtime.

• Members

Exactly as you said, He wants to work with the leads of the show, Ali and James. Who wouldnt want to work with the leads? Working and being in a lead story = more airtime, more story, more exposure, and more likely to go over your contract and make more $$$. And as much as people may hate this version of will, i am sure as an actor it is far more fun to play than what he had previousy.

But im curious how he hasnt put very much into the will/sonny scenes, as they are few and far between and there is nothing there for him to play. He put a lot into the coming out scenes to sonny, and thats the last time he had anything worth while with Sonny.

• Members

Their scenes have mostly been about Will's pain and not much else - oh, and how much Will loves EJ. I just think it's bad writing and Massey not liking the material, and Will's general asexuality.

I agree he's probably better in a supporting role, but they never even really tried that. He's been barely above bit player status.

• Members

This is the reason I hate gay stories on soaps. All these shows do it for is media attention and it limits what you can do with the characters(mind you only because of how limited the story telling is). Chuck Pratt who is no way my favorite said it. It having a gay character or 2 on canvas limits the romantic potential for the characters. Not that he's that great a writer and not that soaps havent been stuck on the same lame retread heterosexual pairings over the past several years, but there is some validity to it. And a gay bullying story? Didn't they already do that somewhat last year.

I can't say Sonny is boring because he hasn't done anything or been given anything other than being Will's well adjusted gay "friend". As for chemistry does it matter? They are the only 2 gay characters on canvas, it's a soap, so naturally they have to hook up.

As for Chandler, I'll say it again,he was far better in the teen group as the decent conflicted Will. Even his relationship with Gabi was better than anything since. He needs to go back to interacting with that group . The only adults he's really likable with are Marlena and Rafe.

• Members

I think the biggest failure of the Will story (among many) is that they have never had any story plans for Will as a gay man. They had him as gay for PR, and more sycophantic GLAAD banquet-throwing. He has had nothing else. His coming out was an afterthought of an afterthought, barely worth one or two days of episodes from everyone in his life. It's telling that his first real story since coming out involves his having sex with a woman.

Archived