Daytime TV and soap magazine surveys

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Me too!!! Cool that you have Carrington Garland's 1st Top Ten appearance. I was rarely able to find Daytime TV past 1989 because we'd moved to Texas and only one grocery store carried it, the one we rarely went to. Nice to know that Carrington was popular enough to crack it as early as 1990.

• Members

Thank you both for reading! This is my last from the SB era for now but I do have others. I also have a Weekly survey from around early 1990, and it heavily features SB. Interestingly enough there are no rankings for Guiding Light - no favorite actors, couples, and #9 in favorite soap. I guess their fans just weren't as vocal.

• Members

Thanks for posting all of these! I like viewing the lists the fans voted on from the era it was happening. I have a couple of issues of Daytime TV where Pete/Melissa and Eugene/Calliope make the top five couples list. People forget how popular some other couples really were at their time. I know Kim and Shane won the SOD best couple award twice but you hardly hear a peep about them anymore.

Archived