• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Yes.    I was just about to post:

Corrections & Clarifications: An obituary for “Leave It to Beaver” actor Tony Dow was published in error. Dow’s representatives initially confirmed his death to USA TODAY by email after sharing the news in a Facebook post that has since been deleted. USA TODAY has reached out to his representatives for more information.

"Leave It to Beaver" actor Tony Dow, who played Wally Cleaver in the popular sitcom, is in hospice, according to reports, less than three months after he announced that he had been diagnosed with cancer again. 

The 77-year-old actor and and his wife, Lauren Shulkind, put out a joint statement in May sharing the "very sad news" of his cancer diagnosis, though they didn't disclose details. 

Update: The New York Times has reported that the statement Dow’s representatives released to Facebook was inaccurate and he is still alive. In addition to the Facebook post, Variety ran the obituary after confirming the death with Dow’s team. Variety has reached out to his reps again for further comment.

The family’s most recent Facebook message, from his son Christopher Dow, reads, “This is a difficult time. Dad is at home, under hospice care, and in his last hours. My wife and I are by his side along with many friends that have visited. He has a fighting heart.”