Actors who did their best work on the way out

• Members

The only bright spot about Brandt's few weeks was knowing I wasn't going to have to watch him "trying to act" ever again on DAYS. I swear, you could constantly see him thinking of his next line on EVERY episode, in every scene. It was jarring and certainly did nothing for any scene partner who was ever stuck with him.

I know she got nominated, though I'm not sure about the submission being one of each. I'm pretty sure there was an Adrienne submission, can't remember if the 2nd was Bonnie, Adrienne, or there was no 2nd tape that year.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I agree about Brandt. A cardboard cutout of Jay Kenneth Johnson with voiceovers by Drake Hogestyn would've been more effective.

I think Evans submitted one of Adrienne and one of Bonnie; I remember the Emmy clip they showed was [unfortunately] of her as Bonnie with that doofus playing her son Connor.

If it hasn't been mentioned already... Even though she's pretty much always been flawless, Renee Jones is certainly not leaving DAYS without a tour de force performance!

• Members

I completely agree, but I did like Deborah Zoe's Eden. I felt Zoe's intrepretation was less tacky, but that may have been the storylines. For me, the warehouse bombing was one of the last story arcs that "Guiding Light" told incredibly well. Daniel Cosgrove killed me when a heartbroken Bill delivered his eulogy for Eden at the service. When Eden realized Bill would never leave her, you could see Eden trying to figure out how she was going to get Bill to let her go and then delivered her final blow: she had been screwing around with Tony Santos. This was such a great time for "Guiding Light." 2004 was probably my favorite year.

• Members

Heather got better as she went along. I think my favorite performance of hers was during the whole Angel/Barbara story. She was such a bitch yet an angel in her scenes/acting...I loved it.

Martha could have never pulled off the scenes I mentioned above. Heather could play all the emotions very well. I was actually upset when I heard the news she was leaving and Martha was returning. I found it interesting that TPTB made Martha look more like Heather when she returned.

• Members

Wow, I always thought I'd have liked Heather Rattray as Lily and the more I see of her, the more I do. I've just never been much of a Martha Byrne fan (though I did love her take on the dual roles of Rose and Lily and think she deserved every bit of that Emmy) but wow, I can see why some people probably never looked at Martha the same again after Heather. Two very different, yet strangely similar takes on the same character, but of the two, I like Heather's choices far better.

• Members

It does seem like history was rewritten by those who won (though Martha was eventually tossed out anyway).

I found Heather to be a much more sympathetic actress than Martha ever was.

If Heather was unpopular, surely she wouldn't have lasted 3 years, and Lily wouldn't have remained a main character.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

Yes, yes, yes. I was just trying to find the thread wondering if anyone posted this. She killed it in those scenes, and of course it was her end; all for the propping of Tyra. :rolleyes:

Archived