Nashville: Discussion Thread

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Zero discussion on Season 2?!!

Just caught up with the second half of season 1 and absolutely loved all of it. The show really found its groove. How interesting that they brought Chris Carmack in as a closeted cowboy. I started liking Teddy more during the affair with Peggy (I can't bother liking or disliking her. She was irrelevant--I guess until she got pregnant). Juliette... what a lovely bitch she is and the Jolene/Dante story was great soap. Juliette was heartbreaking when mourning her mother's death. It was fantastic how Avery, who I "hated" throughout turned out to have his nice moments as well (especially when he supported Scarlett's debut). And not a bad cliffhanger!

• Members

I love it, too. There's definitely a lot of music involved but I don't think they go too far with it. And they've worked hard on making their characters well rounded. Sure, it's slower and features less "ER MER GAAAHD" moments than, say, SCANDAL or REVENGE, but they are going for a decidedly character-driven approach and its made me truly care for the characters in a KNOTS LANDING kinda way.

I forgot to say on my previous post that I also love the idea of Juliette and Avery. I never saw it coming but I think it could be really good if they go there (haven't started Season 2 yet, so don't know if it's already happened)

• Members

I've rarely seen anyone make as many stupidly bad decisions as Juliette does. Fortunately, being friends with Avery isn't one of them.

I'm born and raised in the south and although there are terribly wrong sounding southern accents on the show, I love the music and the characters.

• 4 months later...
  • Members

Just got to that AMAZING twist when Olivia Wentworth confronts Juliette about sleeping with her husband and then says--gasp!--"the question is, why aren't you sleeping with me?" and just kisses her. Did. NOT. see that coming! Beautiful.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

I have to say that this show keeps me intrigued. Like others, I enjoy the mix of music and soap. I think Juliette is great. Scarlett (Elly Mae) is working my last nerve. There is something about her that I have never enjoyed. I guess I like the Juliette types better than the poor dumb victims that every man loves. I do believe the Ray/Deacon chemistry and tension is pretty awesome.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I am behind in my watching and just saw the mid season finale/

although the show bugs me at times, there is enough happening to keep mre watching.

They do run through plots way too quick and the scenes are too short-literally 30 seconds at times.

Disapppointed in the gay story at this point.Did we have to go down the suicide road with Will standing in front of an on coming train? Nowadays if your gay and haven't considered suicide ...

• 3 months later...
  • Members

Working my way through season 2.

The best thing to ever happen to Avery is his relationship with Juliette. Now that they've loosened up the darkness, he is SO much better. I like him and care for him now.

I am glad they have seem to have really committed to telling Will's story, although I really wish we didn't have to go through him hating himself so much he wants to walk in front of a train. I do hope they find a way to get him to accept himself.

The Lamar/Tandy/Peggy/Teddy stuff was great soapy fun. If only I cared for Teddy or Peggy or even Lamar.

I'm loving Megan with Deacon.

LOL At Scarlett's pill addiction.

• 1 month later...
  • Members

Just watched Season 3 premiere.

They really needed to hit it out of the park with this and instead we got a dreary non event of an episode.

The much ballyhooed live performances went nowhere - dull songs.

Apart from the pregnancy reveal, there was really nothing out of left field to surprise or intrigue. Rayna chose Luke,no big surprise,Scarlett decided to stay.It played like a normal episode rather than something to hook in new viewers and set up stuff for the whole season.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Members

I hope not he's so sweet and good looking. I hope he finds some kinda storyline/happiness. Glad to see that Luke and Rayna may be headed for splitsville soon. Can't stand the guy.

Layla has become so much better to watch since she's gone into "IDGAF" mode with Will. Speaking of ole cowboy I do feel for his position but at a certain point he needs to realize that he's gonna have to make a choice. It's going to be hard either but what happened in the woods was very painful to watch and I felt so sad for him. I hope they bring back that nice guy from the prior season to help him find his way.

Archived