Y&R: Former sitcom star does guest spot

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

There used to be some clips of her performing at Caroline's with other comedians back in 1992, but they're private now. This is funny, though:

I actually think her blonde hair looks pretty natural, even if it's bleached. As a natural blonde myself, I think she looks great as a blonde.

I've always wanted to see her E!THS, but of course they never show the old ones anymore. sad.png

She did spend a lot of time away from the spotlight after her show was cancelled getting clean (I think she primarily lives in Atlanta now), but she's started to show up again in the last few years. I know she was on My Name Is Earl a few times.

• Members

It's two flipping episodes or a inconsequential character. I just don't get why everyone gets bent out of shape. Big deal. Y&R is smart - they just got a right up in EW for a nothing character. Prime time shows do this all the time (Grey's Anatomy and L&O: SVU are probably the worst) However, they don't get criticized - they get publicity and buzz. We're not talking about recasting Katherine with her - though she looks old and haggard enough that she could audition for the part. Barely even remember who she was, except that ABC was trying to follow the blue collar Roseanne template.

• Members

They constantly do this. It just seems tacky. Having a writeup in EW isn't worth it. Did anyone care, after five seconds, that MAB's good friend Daisy Duke was going to be on Y&R? There are so many wonderful soap actors out of work. Why not hire one of them? Brad Bell doesn't hire random sitcom names for all of his bit parts. He hires soap actors.

• Members

I'm not talking about stunt casting bit parts with soap names, I just mean people who are mostly known for soaps, and who can play the role without it looking desperate. B&B has cast people like Hillary B Smith, Elvera Roussel, Jon Hensley. They also have some annoying reality people, but they do try to give some soap people work. Y&R just goes for failed primetime or movie names, even if they can't do the job properly.

Archived