DAYS: TV Guide interviews Greg Meng

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The point I made on the TV Guide website is that instead of rushing to whack the cast members, they should keep everyone and instead write compelling stories.

Right now, you're pretty much guaranteed more viewers walking depending on who gets let go.

This is the last thing Days needs. The show's signing a death wish.

• Administrator

Yes because then you limit the family connections, you lose that depth. Unless you want to use them as recurring but DAYS didn't do that the last time. Like when Grace died, they couldn't ask Deidre to come back for some back for some episodes? Okay fine, you don't want them in major storylines anymore but to not use them if they're available and willing to come back? I think that's wrong.

• Members

Is the note about cast members being dumped coming a surprise to anyone? First, the cast is huge. Second, the cast has to be expensive. Dee, Drake, and Missy could not have come back for pennies. Likewise, I do not see Sarah Brown and Ian coming in at union wage rate either.

• Webmaster

I agree. Why immediately look to fire actors instead of learning how to write with what you've got and gradually insert or remove people. Just to do it in order to immediately increase ratings and attention won't help the show get renewed. It'll generate short-term interest, but not long-term viability.

Archived