GH: Lucas & Bobbie

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It mostly depends on the guy. OLTL went on about their hot Fords, and the time they were in the spotlight caused all time low ratings.

I'm mostly just curious as to whether they would still have Lucas as a gay character. For that reason alone I wonder if this is some misread and he's been cast for another role.

• Members

I was fine with most of the Fords (Rob, James and Daddy Ford were all okay in my book), even if they were just pounds of pretty meat that could speak.

This is FV/RC as head writers, if it weren't them I would completely agree, but I don't doubt that they would love the chance to play with a gay Spencer character.

This. Most viewers never got a chance to even settle into the recast, GH was only interested in gay Lucas while Ryan Carnes was in the role from his limited appearance as the gay Gardner on Desperate Housewives. Once Carnes stepped down GH couldn't get ride of Lucas fast enough.

• Members

I thought it was a lethal combination of bad acting, lack of charisma, and bad writing. I can't remember one good story any of them ever had. The show just threw them together hoping some viewers would rush to see generic hunks with their mouths hanging open.

RC may want to try a gay story again, but I'm not sure ABC would go along. I'm not sure if RC would even want to, since he was badly burned the last time.

If it is Lucas then I could see them focusing on his mob ties, moreso than the Spencers, who are a dead, rotting family.

• Members

And yet, when Guza brought Maxie and Georgie into the teen scene, they were originally fighting over cousin Lucas (played by Evan Bonifant, who didn't get a real shot). That ended fast.

Were the show going on there is plenty to do with Lucas, who I'm sure would still be gay. They just have to commit to the character and an actor. Ben Hogestyn was fine, nothing spectacular. Ryan Carnes was beautiful but terrible. I think there was someone in between - oh, right, CJ Thomason. I didn't care for him in the role but he was great years later, matured, as the hunky fisherman on Harper's Island. Maybe he could come back and do well.

Archived