Was Another World's Rachel original Erica Kane?

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

LOL, I would say without Lisa or Rachel there would be no Erica, all three characters were popular during their heyday, Lucci took her up a notch, but imo Erica was not the trailblzer of the bad girl from the wrong side of the tracks.

Ada's ,aiden name is Lucas so I can see her being southern, but I can't see Ford playing southern let alone a Mona' type of charcter lol.

• Members

I wonder if Agnes took the long-suffering mother/evil daughter dynamic from "Mildred Pierce." That dynamic is used to great effect in the Mildred/Veda relationship. Veda even falls for an older man--her mother's husband Monty--though unlike Rachel, the love of an older man did not redeem Veda.

• Members

There are kinescoped video clips and audio clips of RS's Rachel floating around but they have yet to make it to YT. The episodes I have are surrounding Walter and Lenore's wedding where we see Rachel's budding attraction to Alice's date Steve. Audio of the infamous Steve/Alice engagement party where Rachel tells Alice she's pregnant with Steve's baby is out there.

There are also clips of VW's Rachel being a first class nasty bitch to Alice, trying to drive her out of Steve's house so she can have it for herself and Steve's baby, Jamie. That's the episode where she tells Alice, "We had a kind of love you'll never know", and jabs Alice who miscarried with, "What child did you ever give him?" Alice wails and lunges at Rachel as Liz hold her back and Rachel sees herself out... good stuff.

• Members

Oh good, i wasn't the only one who noticed that Rachel was a little weird in the final years of Another World. She changed her accent and many times she wore long dresses that made her look taller. All the old scenes of her in the days of Mac, she sounded and looked more normal.

• Members

That, in my mind, is the big difference, Erica needed FAME. She needed to be ADORED by the WORLD, not just the folks in Pine Valley. Erica was always looking for love, but not real love, she was looking for hollow, shallow, self satisfaction which always left her grasping. Erica never, ever, gave up...nor did she get a happy ending...

Erica: This is not the ending I want!

Opal: Oh now you've done it! Now you'll never get him back!

Erica: Just watch me!

The last line of AMC left Erica still searching, still fighting, still trying to have it all.

AW's Rachel gave up on that when Mac died, she lived for him and for herself and then she met Carl and had her sedate, happy ending.

• Members

The thing i didn't like was when they decided to start dressing Erica in in those sexy teenage fashion clothes in the late 1990's. She didn't always dress like that. Even in the early 1990's she dressed pretty well, very in style. but somebody in the late 1990's decided that Erica should wear these sexpot dresses that were too short and showed too much for a woman her age. Sometimes they would put her in a nice jacket or something and she looked great but then the next day (in pine valley) she would be in another spaghetti strapped dress with a plunging neckline and a short skirt. I know a couple of times I caught it, I at first thought she was wearing a slip but then realized.."no that's the dress she's wearing today." the ironic thing is that when she was young enough to get away with these dreses, it was the 1970's and you weren't allowed to wear such things on television, even in soaps.

Archived