GH: January Discussion Thread

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

The 10th? That's way too early. Maybe production wise because I think GH only tapes 4 weeks in advance? If that's the case, Feb 10 is about right for Valentini showing up in the credits. But writing wise, Carlivati should be in the credits sometime in March, unless they scrapped a few weeks worth of episodes or stopped writing at some point.

• Members

Great to see the show giving Brandon B some quality material as Johnny...he was awesome and so natural today with LW. The fallout from this secret hasn't been bad, I was way to overcome with anger at first so I thought it would be LOL. Really looking forward to the Anthony/Johnny scenes tomorrow...Johnny is going to blow the hell up!

• Members

I actually like the whole Johnny-is-Claudia's-son route, and it makes sense the way Claudia was written in the beginning. They really ruined the character with Sonny, but prior to that the pieces did add up to justify this move. The only thing that would make this better is if Claws was still around.

• Members

I think it would've been much more impactful if she was still alive. I agree it makes a lot of sense & it explains Claudia and Anthony's hateful relationship so much more. The thing I find so disturbing is trying to figure out how young Claudia was when it happened. She had to be like five!

I don't think Claudia would've been so ruined with Sonny if the show didn't make her the one responsible for Michael getting shot. From the start she was always doomed because of that. Ugh!

• Members

Sonny ruins EVERY woman he's paired with. Carly, Brenda eventually, Clare, Sam got free sorta… even Emily didn't ever escape. Claudia was just another victim of his "charm" and was an interesting character up until she had to be paired with him. Even realKate came to life with Coleman after suffering a lobotomy with Sonny.

As for Claudia's age, first of all SORASing and deSORASing can do wonders. Secondly Johnny was about 6/7 when Claudia left home around age 16/17 in the original cannon, so it wouldn't take much to say she gave birth to him around the age of 12/13 with massaging those original ages. Anyway you cut it, it was way too young for her, she was raped and AZ arranged it. It's gross on too many levels to count, and it looks like a good story.

• Members

I just liked the idea of Sonny and Claudia together because they were both in the same business and understood each other. Claudia never once whined or complained about his involvement in the mob because she was in it to. Also just the idea of the head of the Corinthos family being w/the rival Zacchara family Princess intrigued me. Sonny and Claudia getting it on in her first episode was hot & I didn't think he ruined her at all. For once I didn't think we had another bad Sonny pairing on our hands. I think what ruined that relationship was Michael getting shot & Claudia being the one to blame. If that hadn't happened, she wouldn't have done all those crazy shady things behind Sonny's back to cover it up, which ultimately led to her dying. I think at the root of things Claudia did love Sonny and Sonny had love for her as well, and things could've worked out so differently (in a good way) for Claudia and "Clawson", if Claudia didn't order Ian Devlin to shoot. But that's all JMO tongue.png LOL

• Members

I liked Ric & Claudia too Hearst & Brown acted well off each other & were quite hot...& yes it was a romp on the couch then everything went downhill...here comes Sonny! For some reason Claudia had to be all about Sonny.

Why ??? I guess to give JohnnyZ some angst .... send him on the ledge.

• Members

EDIT: Yay! The board is doing that wonky thing where it double quotes the posts when I reply! SUCH FUN! <_<

I pretty much missed the entire Claudia era. I had given up soaps (AMC & GH) for a while because my life was just way too crazy during that time. I saw her first couple of episodes. I caught like one scene with Claudia and Ric, thought SJB & RH had good chemistry. I saw another scene with Claudia at the carnival hanging out with Kristina and Molly. Then I watched the Metro Court climax and even then I totally MISSED Michael killing her. I saw clips after the fact of particular Claudia moments on YouTube, but it's not the same after knowing how her entire story has played out beforehand.

Archived