The Muppets Brainwash

EricMontreal22

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

There is a concerted effort to make big money moguls look like martyrs and heroes, and anyone below them look like zombies or lazy bums. That's why you have the hero of the far right, Newt Gingrich, telling everyone that all poor people are lazy and worthless and don't want to work, and only if poor children are put to work by the rich will anything improve.

I'm not surprised that the power brokers would hate the Muppets. Even better, this helps give more money to the Twilight movies, which basically tell viewers that women are brain dead brood mares.

• Members

I could start a whole new subject about my worries with Twilight and what it's teaching (mainly) girls.

This just seems so insane--as the article I linked points out, do they not know how idiotic it makes them seem? If I felt that the Muppets movie (and the Muppets at their best have always been about a civilized anarchy) was teaching kids to not care about each other or what society could be, but to hold as villains the rich I would still make a less easily parodied news segment.

• Members

The sad thing is this will make many people hate the Muppets and never, ever see anything involving them, when the Muppets, especially the early years, are genuinely entertaining, family fun, and in no way political, unless "love everyone" is political.

I wish I could laugh at this type of thing but this is what controls the media and this is what controls America. Hate, loathing, and fear for anything but big business and far right Dominionists who remember to put "those" people in their place.

Archived