Y&R (also all): Carolyn Hinsley's Afternoon Delight and her views on MAB

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I am glad some can still enjoy Y&R but heart is not something I see on this show. Well it does when Traci rolls in for her annual visit or on one of those 2 times a month we get to see Nina and Paul. Nikki is missed exactly for that reason but I fear she will return to just become Victors verbal punching bag once again.

• Members

I'd stopped reading the soap magazines by that time but still had bad memories of Hinsey from some of her comments that annoyed me (#1 being the bit where she essentially said someone should shove a fireplace poker up Brooke Logan's vagina), so when I heard about the thread it was not a surprise, yet also a big surprise. Some of it, especially regarding her bar, meshed with her blather in her columns.

I remember that thread not being overly fond of Stephanie Sloane either...

• Members

And keep in mind, I have maybe seen three episodes in the last two months. and this is ME we are talking about! A freaking Polyanna who has watched since 1974! I've actually been tuning into B&B and enjoying it much more. I will concede that the lighting and music has been back to near normal since Rauch is gone, which is nice... but the Stories are just not working for me. I need to buckle down and watch again, and see if things have gotten better.... but the one time I tuned in this week, was to find Liz Hendrickson trying to do a sorry ass imitation of Marilyn McCoo, and I just thought my head would explode with embarrassment, It's the same feeling I get when Gilligan's Island comes on. But like i've said before... when I have huge problems with Y&R... you KNOW something's really wrong. The breakdown writing is suffering. A couple weeks ago, I saw a beautifully written and acted scene where Malcolm as in the hospital room basically telling Sofia he was leaving her and giving her the brush off. Beautiful fade of Julia Pace crying, with that fabulous music cue we all love, classic Y&R shining through for a brief time. Except it wasn't the final scene of the show! And it damn well should have been. you NEVER and I mean NEVER use that cue except in the final scene of the show.

Archived