Days: Spoilers for October 10-14

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

<p>

</p>

<p>They're the Days' Holy Grail - sacred, blessed, worthy of a pilgrimage, lol….</p>

<p> </p>

<p>

</p>

<p>'Cause they were never Donna Reed, they kicked up sh!t in their own ways a few times. Alice herself broke the law whenever she chose for a &quot;good cause&quot; and Maggie had no problem &quot;getting around&quot; once upon a moon. It's only been in the last decade or so that both have been drawn into saints. Prior to that they both had their edge and knew how to use it.</p>

<div id="myEventWatcherDiv" style="display:none;"> </div>

• Members

Oh please, NO ONE hogs the screen like the Bradys. Sami alone is on almost every day and now with Marlena and John back, almost everyone else will be pushed to the side. At least Melanie and Daniel are with other people most of the time - like the remaining Hortons and Kiriakis families.

• Members

It seems like Alice was much closer to the saintly, long-suffering type until the early '80s. At least from what I've read and the few bits I've seen. I guess the writers changed her to suit the times, or the story. At least they didn't try to dump her, as ATWT did with Nancy Hughes in those years.

• Members

Sheri Anderson and her writing team in the early 1980s really made Alice into a fun-loving matriarch. She spotted "true love" in Bo and Hope so she would do anything to help them be together. Howie Hoffstedder in the wedding dress was priceless. Later writers tried to keep Alice as involved in story as she could be given her health.

With this Maggie spumor, I just wonder if people wouldn't have a problem with it if certain characters weren't involved.

• Members

I don't know. I dont hate or like Mel & Daniel. I find both characters dull & worthless. I think making Mel & Daniel related to Maggie is ridiculous. There is no need for this garbage when Maggie already have kids of her own. They could easily bring back Sarah & hook her up with manwhore tool Daniel. Then Mel would be her step-granddaughter & Daniel her son-in-law. Where is the drama & story in making Daniel Maggie's son? Maggie is friends with Mel & Dan. Victor, Maggie, Dan & Mel will be one big happy family. Nothing will change. This move adds nothing to the show. Story over! What's the point? That's all I'm saying..

• Members

Points well told, Kimmie. It seems like over at DR they're exploding just because it's Dan and Mel without even seeing what the story is going to turn out like. This board has a few problems with the story but it seems to be more accepting. I don't know if this is what they truly have in mind for those characters. I always have been a Shawn Christian fan and am a fan of Molly, but above all just give me a good story and one that works and I'll be a happy person.

• Members

<p>^^ it is comical how they talk about &quot;Universal Hatred&quot; of SC and MB. One board does not constitute &quot;Universal&quot;, and from what I understand they have many fans - myself amoung them. Just a tad big for their britches, me thinks.</p>

<p> </p>

<p>I think the reality is:<br />

</p>

<p>A- it's a rumour so who knows how much truth there is</p>

<p>B- Maggie will get a storyline, and that's the bottom line for many of her fans</p>

<p>C- any child of Maggie's is NOT a Horton unless Mickey was involved (I don't know why people don't seem to get that one)</p>

<p>D- none of us writes the show so let's just sit back and see what happens</p>

<p> </p>

<p>I remember one time reading that a daytime show (GH, I think) got the majority of their angry mail on stories they weren't even contemplating. It's easy to see how that happens.</p>

<div id="myEventWatcherDiv" style="display:none;"> </div>

Archived