time to merge Y&R and B&B?

• Members

Y&R is a red hot mess, and has been for quite awhile. B&B has it's ups and downs, but Brad Bell knows when he's veered off track and tries to make quick corrections. Maria, Hogan and Scott seem incapable of doing that. They don't seem to respond to how the fans feel, though Maria claims she does in every interview she gives. Personally, I think B&B is in much better shape than Y&R these days, which is probably a first. The show has a lot of talent behind the scenes, and their acting company has improved vastly during the past few years. Y&R as a lead-in is definitely hurting them these days, which is reflected in their ratings, but on some weeks B&B has still added viewers despite that. Makes you wonder what would happen if B&B were the lead-in to Y&R. I can't ever see merging the two shows, though.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

[ name=SOAPSFOREVER' timestamp='1317574422' post='1025368]

Curious what your source is for this. It bothers me when posters write "I've heard..." and fail to site their source.

It would be silly to expect any poster to keep detailed records on articles cited. What, should Eric use footnotes? He is correct about the show dropping some; thus, there is no need to document.quote

We all read a lot of stuff, generally have good memories and owe each other the benefit of the doubt.

• Members

No one's asking for "detailed records." Simply where the information came from. For example, "I've heard..." could be followed by "from a friend who works for DAYS that..." That helps the reader of the post put the comment into context, and how much weight to give it. Opinions are fine. State them as such. But if you're trying to make a point based on a particular source, name it, is all I'm saying. Why get so defensive?

Archived