OLTL: Discussion for the week of August 22nd

• Replies 558
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Another grave marker inconsistency? laugh.png This one was totally unexpected. Rex was born a few months after Echo left Llanview in October 1983. He should be just-turned 28. I thought Rex and Gigi were same-age, in the same h.s. class? Stacy was Gigi's younger sister who was still in middle school. Why did they have to change Gigi's year of birth?

Making Rex the son of Echo and Clint instantly made him "big brother" to previously "big sister" Natalie. That's one SORAS they couldn't possibly address (not even with a joke like Jack and Dani) so they just ignored it. Soap fans rarely remember details of anything, especially if they actually saw them on screen. [sarcasm off.] Over the years, we saw flashbacks of little Natalie taking care of her baby brother. We saw Roxy bring baby Rex home where 4-5yr. old Natalie was waiting for him. Then she was left behind to deal with abusive, drunken Roxy when the toddler was given to an aunt to be raised. I would not want to be the person who has to write the official summary of OLTL's final handful of years on TV, especially the last two. blink.png

One other comment on the Dorian farewell party. It was a big mistake IMO to have none of Dorian's daughters there. I know that storywise, she's only moving a few miles away for a couple of months. But Dorian was always going on about making those three into ''real Cramer women.'' Addie and Blair had their daughters but Dorian's three were MIA for her big farewell to start her grand new job. None of the actresses (including Fumero's wife) was available for an hour of work?

• Members

This long-time OLTL fan hasn't enjoyed "Clint" since they've been whitewashing his crimes, turning his victims into his apologists and minimizing the pain he's caused everyone the past two years. Like CarlD2 said yesterday, "Please don't sic this lunatic Clint on Viki please. . . I enjoy JvD's performances, but do I enjoy knowing that Clint was fine with a dying child and with Nora possibly being raped or murdered? No. Clint is dead. I don't consider the man JvD plays to be Clint, or Asa, or anyone but a rougher Alan Spaulding/plot device."

If they want to pair Viki with an Alan Spaulding type, hire Ron Raines and create an intelligent new character with a sense of humor, romance and shades of gray for her to tangle with. : )) They've taken Clint too far to the dark side IMO. Most of his "regret" scenes don't seem authentic to me because they turn into a whine about what he's suffered. What he did to Matthew was unconscionable IMO. His lack of concern about Nora nearly being raped and/or killed by his employee Eddie shocked me. Without a single care about Viki, he violated his sentence to go have a drink and risked putting her in jeopardy with the court. That's not the Clint who supposedly will "always love Viki." Hopefully they don't waste any of the precious final Viki/Dorian moments on Dorian haranguing Viki to think about going backwards 20 years, like the deep loves she's had since then never existed. After all Clint's done to each of them and the men they love, Dorian pushing Viki to settle for Clint the convict would be totally OOC. Let JvD play the villain which is what he wants to play. He's very good at playing a villain without crossing into the Mitch Zone. Thanks for asking.

Archived