GH: Classic Thread

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Very good question, and I had the same one when I was typing it up.  I have story sequences for the characters that go in chronological order, I’ll dive into Jessie’s and see if it clears it up.

Source of these is classified, for now! 

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

Jessie divorce mystery solved?

I am not a lawyer, and the Google machine might have answered our query.

At Jessie's divorce hearing, January 8, 1965, she is granted an interlocutory decree.

This is what Google says re: an interlocutory decree:  "a judicial decree pronouncing the divorce of the parties provisionally but not terminating the marriage until the expiration of a certain period".  So they were pronounced divorced, but not actually divorced until Jan of 1966, I take it.

Edited by depboy

• Members

Yeah that makes sense. I have a feeling the divorce was called off or nullified once Phil found out about the baby (Nancy), but then of course they finally divorced after Nancy died.

I think it's possible Audrey and Tom Baldwin may have had the same interlocutory decree a few years later, hence necessitating Audrey's scheme to hide their son (who later became Tom Hardy). I'm not certain but I beleive the existence of a child would give grounds for such a degree to be nullified.

Some other thoughts, it's interesting that Audrey seems to have set her sights on having a child as early as 1965. The storyline doesn't play out fully until 1968, but I guess we'll eventually see Audrey come to suspect that Steve may have a problem and go down the artificial insemination route, leading to her miscarriage and divorce from Steve.

And thanks for the summaries

Edited by Dion

• Members

Finishing out the year 1965! Enjoy and I'll post more in the new year!

Monday, December 27, 1965: Conway tells Al that Eddie keeps flubbing up on the job, while both Jessie and Phil wonder about each other.

Tuesday, December 28, 1965: Conway blasts Eddie for drinking on the job.

Wednesday, December 29, 1965: Bill Henderson visits Audrey to wish her a Happy New Year and presents her with a photo of them taken in Rome.  When Steve comes home, he finds the photo torn up in the waste basket.

Thursday, December 30, 1965: Jessie writes to Phil and says it's better if they not see each other.

Friday, December 31, 1965: Pre-empted.

Happy New Year!

Edited by depboy

• Members

Skye was such a weird addition to this show (and OLTL for that matter). This 40 year old woman calling strangers she's just met "daddy" and "grandfather". Some people get cockeyed looks when they're over 15 and call the man who raised them daddy, it's even weirder when he didn't raise you. You're weird, Skye.

• Members

Will you be my new best friend

?  100% agree about Skye.  I have said my piece about adult women calling their dads 'daddy' and how I don't like it, but I was told it was fairly common and I accept that.  It's just not my fave.  

I feel like it's mostly been unpopular to dislike Skye and I always found RC to be such a cold actress.  A great actress, but not a very accessible one.

I never thought Skye fit anywhere except the show she started on: AMC.  I didn't outright hate the retcon of Alan being her father, but it was all for nothing in the end.  I do think RC/Skye had a decent run during the Jax relationship and Brenda's return, but her and Jax never made sense in the first place.  And GH just kept cramming her in places she didn't belong-Ric, Ned, Luke, Jax, the Alcazars.  None of those pairings worked.   

Anyhow, it was very weird she was immediately so attached to the Q's and forgot about her old family in Pine Valley even though I did like Skye/AJ together and she had some fun one liners aimed at Jason.  The Rae/Skye experiment was an interesting idea that didn't work, but ABC just kept trying to make it happen lol.

• Members

We can sit right next to each other on the Can't Stand Skye Train. I've always thought Robin Christopher was cold and very actor-y in her portrayal. And Skye just had the most insane character arc. She did whatever the latest plot called for on One Life and GH. She didn't have a throughline other than...desperate? Even that's too generous. Desperate you can play. But she was very round peg, square hole wherever they put her. Ben's wife? Viki's rival? In love with Max? Blair's rival? It was all so random.

Sadly even on AMC she was out of sight, out of mind. Which is a shame because what I've seen of her with David Canary really shined.

I'd love to see the metrics on this. It went on for so long and impacted so much story. And RC and Linda Dano were certainly expensive. I know synergy was all the rage in the early 2000s for ABC and Disney but did it result in better numbers? More loyalty? I didn't follow Skye to GH because she was out of place on OLTL as it is, why would I follow someone unlikeable (she has no redeeming qualities and I'm not sure she even has a solidly defined personality, she's a weird character!) to a show that was already so dour? And the vice grip they had on Rae was just because Linda Dano is a star. It was all so ridiculous.

Edited by Darn

• Members

I have ranted about Skye on GH so many times over the years. You both know how I feel. I don't think she was tolerable until the very late years when she was just coming in and out doing guest stints in the late 2000s/early 2010s to keep RC's health insurance. Skye coming in for short runs to mix it up as an ABC interloper, like Marco Dane used to do on GH, is fine. Skye as a Quartermaine I never acknowledge.

It was all just Angela Shapiro (or someone's) blind worship of JFP and her vision at the time. No one else would've cared to put over Dano and Robin Christopher on an ABC audience and shove them down everyone's throat. Which is why when the worm turned, JFP was basically deposed and Guza had control and instantly demolished Rae and Skye's place on GH onscreen and off (with Jane Elliot returning as Tracy to humiliate them) it was extremely satisfying to me.

Edited by Vee