GH: Classic Thread

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

He and Jackie Z had a chemistry that was palpable, but the writers for whatever reason did not go there. Especially, when Joe’s dad died and they were trying to get the goods on Frank Smith. Joe and Bobbie were constantly in each other’s orbit, but alas they just kept Joe in Anne’s orbit, and then finally Heather got her hooks in him.

• Members

Joe was paired with Heather though and they were probably second only to Luke and Laura in terms of airtime during most of 1981. Summer Madness by Kool and the Gang played during their scenes on a few occasions, so I consider it their defacto theme song lol.

• Members

A really good scene with Alexis and Ava about Julian from early last year, encapsulating the relationship - the kicker is the end. I'd never seen this before. Maura is seriously camping it up in high form, but that's what she's good at in this role, and it plays well with NLG. This is the most use I've had for Alexis, who's seemed very tired for a very long time, in awhile and Nancy (who I also had my fill of some time ago) was very good.

• Members

The LSD episode is on YouTube, I’ve seen it a couple of times.  I have just never seen Peter confront Heather and his death.  I love Brooke Bundy, but Diana is always such a mess and I’m not sure it suits her.  I also get Jeff has been manipulated/lied to by one woman after another.  But he is always such a jerk!

Edited by titan1978

• Members

When exactly did Thom Racina officially take over in '81 during the strike? Wikipedia is less than helpful on this, citing the Corringtons replacing him in '82 but I believe Racina has said repeatedly he was at GH til '84 and it was certainly my impression he had an extensive run.

Edited by Vee

• Members

Good question, @Vee.  That's always baffled me as well.

My understanding was that Racina and Leah Laiman were GH's unofficial HW's for a spell, but that Robert J. Shaw received the actual, official HW'ing credit.

Also, IIRC, Laiman and Racina did work for awhile under Pat Falken Smith until she returned to DAYS, as well as for the Corringtons, and for Anne Howard Bailey, who replaced them, before Laiman and Racina, too, went off to DAYS to work with Sheri Anderson.

Edited by Khan