People you actually want to see stay DEAD or gone from your soap

• Members

As a general rule I would rather that characters who have been killed off, especially those killed off onscreen, would just stay dead. I don't mind occassional back from the dead stories (not daytime but Kimberly's return on MELROSE comes to mind), especially if the deaths were planned so that there could be a return or we didn't see them. But stuff like Taylor or Phillip Chancellor coming back? No. Y&R used to be good with this... Sigh.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yes! When I first really got into One Life I though he was the most fascinating, well-written for dead character ever, and I even recall asking my mom if he had ever actually been on the show ("Oh, yes, of course!"). Bringing him back was one of the most boneheaded, cheap fanfic decisions ever, just stupid.

• Members

Yes, Kimberly's Melrose return was perfectly believable because news of her death was simply word of mouth: she had been sent to a hospital in Ohio where her mother could look after her and then her mother informed them that she had died. No questions were asked. And 6 months later, she pops back in L.A., with a fresh face, nasty scar, and ugly vendetta against her wrong-doers. Sigh... gotta love Kimberly Shaw! :)

• Members

Wow, I so don't remember any of that. I think I tuned out, mentally, from DAYS around 2005 when it all got so incredibly bad. Ever since, I watch half-heartedly. I remember that Tony died on the pier, but didn't remember the circumstances. A nail... really?!? Lame.

Archived