Verdict reached in Casey Anthony trial

dragonflies

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I do not know how to feel about this. I definitely do not feel like Casey Anthony is an innocent party in this. But something in my gut has always told me she did not deliberately murder Caylee.

Is anyone stupid enough, really, to google chloroform and neck breaking on their own computer before committing murder? I think there is a lot more to this than ever came to light.

Do I think she may be mentally ill? Yes.

I don't know what to make of her father. I always got an odd vibe from him, from the very beginning.

I hope Casey gets the help she needs. And if she really did do it, then I hope she pays in some way.

• Members

The trial did become quite the circus, so its no surprise the jury felt their was reasonable doubt.

I hate it when people rag on the jurors. Put yourself in their shoes, being away from their families for months at a time, away from their jobs....

They did their job.

Karma can be a bitch.... I would advise Casey to move some place far away and maybe change her appearance. Vigilante justice is a crazy thing....

• Members

I agree with this. The death penalty (if she had have been convicted) would have been no justice for Caylee in my opinion. This girl guilty or not guilty is deeply troubled and really needs help. The real justice in my mind is coupled with intense therapy, she is sterilized. Obviously not fit to be a mother.

• Members

Therapy, it won't do her a lick of good, she'll just have another kid and murder it.

if it was an ACCIDENT, why cover it up? Sorry but I don't agree, you don't go partying and enter a contest showing off your body barely weeks after your kid went missing.

• Members

I'm not saying that she is normal, healthy, or rational. But, unfortunately, a lot of people cover up accidental deaths. Isn't it the plot of every Lifetime movie ever made? I have no doubt that she covered it up knowingly, but isn't it possible that she looked at it thinking that she was neglectful and irresponsible in allowing her daughter to be in a situation that cost her her life?

Not to mention, if it had been known immediately that Caylee had died accidentally, wouldn't a large investigation be launched towards her for neglectful parenting? And God only knows what other kinds of things they would have found out about her life if they investigated. Maybe, in the heat of the moment, her (and maybe her father) decided it was best to cover it up.

As for the partying, I really don't know. For instance I had a friend whose mother died when she was young. She was heartbroken, but she always wanted to be out. She was constantly going out with friends, socializing, going to parties. But then she would go home and cut herself. People have such odd ways of coping.

I'm not saying I don't believe it's possible that Casey Anthony killed her daughter. Anything is possible. But I don't think it was ever a lock for conviction. I think the woman is unhinged, ignorant, and in need of mental help. But I don't necessarily think she killed her daughter.

• Members

That was the first thing that came to my mind. I swear that jury was filled with people with no common sense whatsoever. I believe they just wanted to get the hell home and didn't give a damn what they had to do to get there. Otherwise, this verdict makes ZERO sense.

I hope people harass the hell out of Casey every time she sticks her nose out of the door of her house. Is that a popular opinion? No, but I don't give a damn. I didn't think killing your child was popular but apparently in Fla it's ok.

• Members

Which I believe is what the jury thought too. After all she was found guilty of giving false information. I can believe that Casey didn't intentionally kill Caylee or Caylee died from an accident related to neglect and then covered it up. Truth can be stranger than fiction. We will probably never know what truly happened. Heck we don't even know who Caylee's father is.

Another factor I've heard today is that Casey was probably overcharged. Manslaughter yes but first degree murder and the death penalty? No.

• Members

I agree. I think that's what the jury thought as well. Maybe it's not true, but it just seems like there is plenty of reasonable doubt. Am I making excused for Casey Anthony? Absolutely NOT. But I am also saying that I don't see any evidence that Caylee was intentionally murdered.

• Members

I agree Adam the jury did the job that they were there for. Guilty or not thay had to go be the evidence that was provided.

I would hate to be a juror in a murder trail as you will always be wondering if I sent an innocent person to jail or let a guilty person go free. Even if my gut feeling told me that the person was guilty as hell but the evidence couldn't/wouldn't show it I would have to give a verdict that I know in my gut was wrong. Which is most proberly what these juror's did.

I remember being in a jury years ago where the person was charged with a hit and run, he was drunk and the person that he hit died. Not classed as murder here, but IMHO things like that should be. He pleaded not guilty but his pals said that he was drunk and he was driving and that he drove off after hitting the guy. One of the other juror's wanted to bring back a not guilty verdict because of his age and that he still had his whole life ahead of him. The rest of us managed to change his mind.

In the end all the guy got was a couple of years and disquailified from driving for 3 years.

But in the years since the charges for vehiclar homicide have changed, but not much.

• Members

I've actually always wanted to be on jury duty. Only because the court system interests me, and I always have an open mind. I never make up my mind about things based on the media spin that I read on them. I do my own thorough research, watch the court proceedings, and then I make up my mind...And often times it's not a common opinion.

I feel like many people today just read headlines and basic media manipulations on these types of cases and just go with the general consensus. It's a shame.

• Members

I am and am not surprised at the same time.

Considering the media hype around this long before the trial, i figured she would be found guilty. I personally to tend to believe she did it. At the same time, the prosecution did NOT prove beyond a reasonable doubt that she did it. It is innocent until proven guilty, and it isnt up to her team to prove she didnt do it. The burden of proof is on the prosecution/state, and they did not deliver.

I feel bad for the jurors who are being hated on. Even if they did think/believed she did it, it would be hard to convict when it was really proven she did it.

Archived