B&B: Old/Classic Discussion & Articles

• Members

@yrfan1983

Yes, the show was enormously popular in large parts of Europe from the very beginning, including Italy and Greece. I've told the story before, I think, of B&B in Greece: While the show was called the equivalent of Bold and Beautiful in Greek, its nickname to fans was indeed "Caroline". In fact, 15 years later or so, when my grandpa saw me watching B&B, he asked "Are you watching Caroline?" It was so incredibly endearing.  

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I'm at that point too and it is VERY uncomfortable to watch! It's like even the actors don't like it. I am just waiting for it to be over.

The show had very little going on during the fall of 1995. Now Sheila is back and it's finally getting somewhat interesting again with the whole One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest thing. But anything involving Jessica or Rick is barely watchable to me.

• Members

I know a number of people here were trying to keep up spreadsheets of the B&B episode numbers and dates. Even the official B&B Channel had 1987 completely wrong!

For those who don't know, @JAS0N47 is posting official Nielsen Ratings information in the 1980s Ratings Thread in the Cancelled Soaps forum, so now, we finally have accurate preemption information! I am only going to post the full preemptions, not partials (we have the full episodes digitized anyway), just to track the dates. They will eventually be posted on his site here https://www.jason47.com/days/nielsensweekly.html 

Iran-Contra Preemptions:
July 7, 8, 9, 10
July 14, 15, 17
July 23
July 29
August 3

US Open
September 7, 11

Thanksgiving
November 26, 27

Reagan/Gorbachev Summit:
December 8

Christmas:
December 25

New Year's
December 31
January 1 (1988)

• Members

I saw "me" mentioned here, so I will give you all a sneak peek of the BB preemptions for 1988 before the charts are posted:

2/15/88-2/19/88 Preempted Monday 2/15- NBA on CBS

9/5/88-9/9/88 Preempted Mon 9/5 & Fri 9/9- US Open Tennis

11/21/88-11/25/88 Preempted Thu 11/24- NFL Football & Fri 11/25- Care Bears Movie II

12/26/88-12/30/88 Preempted Monday 12/26- Movie Special: Quarterback Princess

Edited by JAS0N47

• Members

I actually counted all of 87-88 on the official B&B page and the dates all add up!

Please register in order to view this content

I always wondered why B&B aired its Christmas show on 12/28/87 that year (when another person had uploaded that episode and Y&R from the same date years ago) but the 12/8/87 preemption is the reason we have learned. Haha 

Edited by YRfan23