OLTL: Discussion for the week of June 20

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm still wondering what purpose Yvette served only to be condescended to by both Tomas and Blair who had no business being there. From the second Yvette came on the scene Tomas treated her with contempt and loathing. Yvette was portrayed as a miserable hag with nothing better to do with her life and the only reason she tells him the truth about Baz is because she wants to be rid of him. Meanwhile Tomas thinks Baz is nothing but a bum whom he also treats with contempt but does a sudden 180 because Yvette suddenly reveals he's his son. After, Yvette says good riddance and makes a hasty exit stage right.

OLTL's version of diversity. <_<

• Members

100% on Jessica's side, and I'm glad this time she didn't come back all apologetic and weepy for whatever Tess did. You don't sleep with your sisters fiance....I don't care what the situation is. And I notice Natalie's ho ass was left virtually speechless when Jessica proposed how she would like it if she went after John -- which, lets face it, wouldn't be hard....since he's a manwhore (and basically the male version of Blair.) I hope Jessica continues being a bitch to that phony redhead.

Glad to see REALTodd go old school dad on Jack today; too bad Tea showed up when she did, because I would have liked to see that go on for a bit longer.

• Members

Reva Echo just walked on my screen and I let out an "Ewwwwwww" out loud. Is it just me or did she get bigger since we last saw her?

I really dont get the Tomas and Baz stuff. He has been married to Yvette for at least 20 years but they havent been together since sometime around Baz's birth? WTF didnt they get divorced earlier. I orginally thought they had only split recently in the past several years but 20 years is quite a gap to be legally married to someone and have them tie up a divorce that long. Makes no sense. Yvette photographs better than she looks bc she looks so much younger in the shots I saw of her before she aired, but she looks her age here.

David....ugh! Please let this be the last time.

Loved how odd handled that punk kid of his. He is such a brat. I wish Todd would let his ass get thrown in jail

Starr should NOT be in the center of love triangles.

Go Natalie! Loved her telling Jessica to shut up bc she gave up on her own life and walked out on it. Im glad she said she would stop feeling sorry for her mess of a sister. Loved this line

Jessica: "So Tess is your excuse to act like a slut?"

Nat: "Works for you doesnt it?"

Brody isnt her fiancee. Newsflash to her bc technically its still the night of her wedding (not counting those 30 minutes she was out a few weeks ago), 4 months have passed and the world has moved on. Brody finally gave up and was ready to start his life over without Jessica. It sucks for her but it sucked for everyone else around her

Not surprised. I said Blair was borderline racist with the way she talked to Yvette yesterday. I was offended by her

LMAO! Thats one of the best descriptions Ive read

• Members

Yep, I don't get what the F just happened. So they've been married, what, 19 years, and Yvette, the "crazy" woman, didn't sign the papers. Tomas said he doesn't know Baz but somehow knows him enough to think he's arrogant. Again, what? He was arrogant as a baby, which is basically the last time Tomas said he saw him? And what is Yvette's motivation in any of this? Did she keep Baz around as a way to hold onto the man she cheated on Tomas with or what?

I didn't even understand what Natalie's point was of talking about putting the pieces back together. OF COURSE she did, she f-ed up and reaped the consequences. As Jessica said, what did she want, a medal? Not sure what her actions and her paying for them have to do with Jessica retreating and not dealing. So Natalie wants Jessica to "deal" with her destroying her life and she's pissed she didn't "cope" in a good enough manner? I can see where it becomes Jessica's responsibility to man up so to speak but isn't it her right how she decides to deal with Natalie being a whore? Again not sure what picking up the pieces has to do with Brody or Natalie moving on, the conversation lost me, and Jessica's retort about using Tess to be a whore made literally no sense with the dialogue that came before it.

• Members

That didnt make sense bc Baz and Tomas seem to know each other enough as if they've been acquainted with each other the years. I got the impression that Tomas was around him as he grew up and Baz resented him bc he wasa stepfather who didnt care about him. Baz said that he and his mom were in Paris which is where Tomas was living the past few years. This whole thing is confusing and has so many holes

Natalie slept with Brody twice. I dont think that makes her a whore. Team Natalie here. Jessica has done some incredibly f--ked up things to her bc of her DID. Im glad she threw the trying to kill her part in her face bc Jessica never had to pay for that. Its been 4 months; she left. Life moved on. She can be upset with how things turned out, but she has no grounds to be mad at anyone. Im glad Natalie isnt treating her with baby gloves anymore bc Jessica has this spoiled selfish attitude bc everyone always caters to her. She's a little brat and Nat has finally reached her limit. Jessica does have to deal with it and find a way to move on, bc everyone cant be stuck in the past wtih her as she expects time to be paused when she's in and out of her own head. Natalie didnt destroy Jessica's life. She still has a life and chilren, which she abandoned bc she's so damn weak

• Members

Sorry, I used some strong language. I honestly think I'm trying to figure out which parts I side with who on, the writing and storyline is far too convoluted for my liking. They all suck to be honest. I just found it extremely hypocritical for Natalie go be going on about how she and Brody deserve to move on, especially when they caused the sh!t to hit the fan, but she went APESHIT on John for moving on with Kelly. Everyone can move on AS LONG AS it's on Natalie's timeline. Just more terrible writing.

To quote someone on another board:

"Not that any of this has to do with the point I had to make which was about what Natalie said about how she stuck around and dealt with her lies and put the pieces back together, well I just don't see how this compares to Jessica who wasn't the one in the wrong when she split, she wasn't running from her own mess which would have been what Natalie would be doing if she didn't deal with the mess. Again I'm not excusing the convenient Tess switches when things get tough but her and Natalie were in very different positions. It sounded to me like Natalie was comparing herself favorably to Jess because she stuck around."

• Members

The problem is that Jessica is never in the wrong.

That's one of the reasons it's tough to invest in this story. Jessica and John and Ford will look good. Natalie and Brody are just there to be pathetic sluts/hypocrites who are obstacles to our heroes.

• Members

Admittedly, I didn't realize it was her at first, it took me a second. She should have been made up and lit better. But this Baz revelation is like the biggest rush job ever and Tomas had practically zero reaction to finding out someone is his biological son, a., and showed hardly an ounce of anger to the fact that it was kept from him by his wife, b. But like I said, rush job, and we don't know Yvette or Baz, we barely know Tomas, so they aren't *wasting* time on that. I think they're more concerned with Baz/Starr/James.

Totally from personal experience. :lol:

Archived