OLTL: A Bully goes too far-promo

• Members

If Gigi ends up dead, there was no going to far rather Jack went far enough and deserves a medal!

Is Matthew really waking up? I hope so. I don't want him to die. He may have a new personality like Jason Morgan.

• Members

If Farah is reading SON:

Believe it or not, even some of us who weren't too fond of your acting think this is a lousy way to exit (even moreso since, this being today's soap world, Jack is more likely to be given a key to the city than actually punished). It also basically tells people that Shane should have killed himself.

You should have asked them to have Gigi poked to death with a flying brigade of middle fingers.

• Members

Personally, I like Gigi. Sad to see this happen to the character.

I think she's OK, which is a step up from how I felt about her a few years ago, but she has only existed as a sop for Rex and Shane recently. That means when it's time to yet again try to con viewers into caring about Rex, Gigi pays the price. I imagine that, as with Nate and trying to make him sympathetic for attacking Matthew, they will also try to make Jack a martyr for Gigi's death.

• Members

I like Gigi, too, and I'm sad to see her go. Though the bully storyline was not set up well, I thought it was often quite affecting. I felt for Shane, and for Gigi and Rex, as well. This new turn is incredibly distasteful, though. As repellent as the character of Jack currently is, I don't want to see him responsible for another's death. I imagine Carlivati thought he could get a lot of story by setting Rex against Todd, but the whole thing just gives me the willies. I fear Jack will remain just as unrepentant and unredeemed over this as his father has been over Marty's rape.

• Members

They initially wrote the rape story as Todd's redemption, poor misunderstood Todd victimized by self-righteous people who don't know love.

Once TSJ moved more towards the flippant acting style, it was treated as more of a joke.

I think Jack's involvement in Gigi's death will also be used as poor misunderstood Jack, why are people mean to him.

• Members

I think Matthew makes it and Clint gets Gigi's organs....lol.....I'll go for that!

That's exactly what I think happens. I just hope they don't have Matthew's eyes opening be another reflex.

Archived