Isidingo

• Members

I think Dusty left on her own. I'm not sure. Steve got married (South Africa's first TV gay wedding) and moved away with his partner.

How long has Lolly been around, exactly? It seems like quite a while.

Did Len ever actually have relationships with any men, or is this just something which was said?

Now that they have looped back I am reminded of what a strong presence Ashley Callie had. I can't imagine how fans felt when she died.

The only downside of looping back is the incredibly depressing story about Farrow and her brother.

I really like Farrow a lot. I don't understand why the show fired her. She's the perfect soap character.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

For some reason, I'd forgotten all about Steve getting married. The last I remember was him and Dusty getting engaged but then they kept postponing it and putting it off. That was all going on while I was on a holiday visiting my family, so I guess the Steve stuff happened after that.

I think Len's relationships were just talked about and implied.

Lolly has been around since at least the late 90s.

Losing Ashley Callie and Leone definitely left a hole in the show. I definitely really hit the show hard.

Did Farrow kill her brother? I vaguely remember that. I agree they should have not gotten rid of her. Her exit was depressing too.

Edited by AdelaideCate007

• Members

I think she did kill him, yes.

What was her exit? I know she was in some schemes, and she left on a plane, but don't know the rest.

I think they should have kept people like Farrow and Nadipha, instead of clearing them out.

I think the woman who played Maggie quit because of a contract issue.

• 3 months later...
  • Members

Yes, she was. Normally that type of character would be unbearable but she somehow manages to be likeable as the ice queen with a heart.

My favorites were Farrow, and Ma Agnes. Agnes is the heart of the show, yet you never forget her anger or pain under all that wisdom. Farrow is the type of damaged quasi-heroine soaps in the US no longer try for.

• Members

I would have liked to see more of Farrow. The storyline where Agnes's husband wanted a second wife was hard to watch but I thought it was compelling. Alec's torture was very gruesome. I was shocked that they threatened to rape that man's daughter if he didn't give up the code. I guess they push the limit in South Africa. Too bad the Africa Channel loops episodes because I'd love to see newer eps. Youtube barely has anything.

• Members

I don't think I've ever seen the second wife story (I saw when she came back later when their child was dying). I wish I had seen it, as apparently Agnes went insane and tried to poison him.

I liked the short story where she ran for city council, and we saw her praying on what to do.

I also liked Paul. I wonder what story they had planned for him and Maggie's poser niece, as that seemed to be curtailed due to the actor leaving the show.

• Members

I would have really liked to see that full story. I used to watch the marathon every Sunday but I got frustrated whenever it would jump to some other point in time. I remember being excited because Cherel was about to announce something on her talk show that would sabotage Barker. Then the next episode was something completely different so I never got to see the rest. Cherel is a hilariously wicked character, like Dorian but without as many layers. I think one of the first stories was Cherel killing Barker's son, Duncan. I would have loved to see that.

• 6 months later...