Ricky Martin Lashes Out At Critics

Bree

• Members

From Launch.com:

Ricky Martin has struck back at critics who have attacked his ability to run his humanitarian foundation because of controversial statements the pop star made about his sex life in Blender magazine. In a letter in Spanish posted on Univision.com, Ricky said, "At the time I granted the interview never did it cross my mind that my comments would spark this absurd and sensationalist public discussion. I cannot avoid speculation about my career and life, but I cannot allow those for whom my foundation works to be affected because I am a public figure."

The backlash stems from an interview published last month, in which Ricky told Blender, "I love giving the 'golden shower.' I've done it before in the shower. It's like, so sexy, you know, the temperature of your body and the shower water is very different." Ricky went on to say, "I'm open to everything. There are moments for soft, gentle sex. And there are moments for a good spank in the butt."

The Ricky Martin Foundation is an advocate for children's rights and is actively involved in the fight against human trafficking. Ricky is also a Goodwill Ambassador for UNICEF.

Ricky kicked of his One Night Only tour in El Paso, Texas on Friday (January 13). The 18-city tour will make stops in New York, Los Angeles and Chicago before wrapping on February 15 in Orlando, Florida.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I don't know actor. I guess it depends on if they know what a golden shower is. I don't think most people think that it has anything to do with pedophilia, but I guess they see it as a sexual perversion and of course to some people if you have one of those, you can't be good enough to raise money for someone else. And of course people get so focused on the sexual side of things that they forget about the good a person might be doing (i.e. Clinton getting serviced in the oval office).

I mean a person's sex life should have nothing to do with an estimation of a person's worth - as long as like I said he is not harming innocent children, hurting others, or so obsessed with it that he gets nothing else accomplished in life.

None of that is the case here. So what he likes to "give the golden shower". That does not change any ideas I had of the man's music or his social causes. All it tells me is the man is a little kinky - nothing else.

• Members

There's not much I would consider disgusting. As a friend of mine said the other day, everyone has their kinks, just not everyone waves their flag. I'm very respectful and tolerant of other people's kinks and fetishes because I have quite a few myself. Besides, water sports in and of themselves aren't *that* big of a deal. Been there, done that (just last week, in fact). Don't have any interest in the drinking of the shower, but I know some that do and that's okay for them, just not for me.

I wave my freak flag proudly.

• Members

Actually urine is sterile ;)

And he could spank my butt anyday!

ETA:

I find it hilarious when people make a big fuss over celebs sex life. Like celebrities are not allowed to be anything but vanilla. All those "nice" celebrities are probably bigger freaks than we could imagine. Hell, just read Jacqueline Susan's "Valley of the Dolls"

• Members

First of all, darraholic, enough with the misquoting me, hm? It was using your SLOBBERED ON FINGERS to eat cake with another person and her SLOBBERED ON FINGERS. Which is gross and undignified.

And yes, this "Golden Showers" act is far more depraved than that. WHAT a freak.

Archived