Michael Park and Tammy Blanchard

• Members

Not sure if this was already mentioned, but if it was, sorry for being repetitive.

I saw How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying earlier, and almost fell out of my seat when I opened the Playbill and say Michael Park and Tammy Blanchard in 2 lead roles! What a treat to see an ATWT and GL alum. There is life after soaps for these actors! The soap cancelations still suck!

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Tammy Blanchard is :wub::wub: I loved Drew! Drew, Dahlia, Marcus, Sugar, I loved all of them oddly enough, I didn't even mind when Dahlia would sing (and I *HATE* singing on soaps, normally I'm on the pleseshutyoassup train).

Thinking back, they've all done quite well

Drew - Tammy Blanchard (Judy Garland biopic, Rabbit Hole, The Good Shepherd)

Marcus - Kevin Mambo (maybe the least notable)

Sugar - Taye Diggs (Private Practice, How Stella Got Her Groove Back)

Dahlia - Sharon Leal (Boston Public, Why Did I Get Married I and II, This Christmas)

• Members

Tammy was great on GL. She had a real vulnerability and emotion that was often missing in the glossy Rauch work. She started out horribly but after about a year, she began to get better and better. I loved all her scenes with Patti D'Arbanville.

Jesse Soffer also got his start in that story.

• Members

In the beginning, Tammy Blanchard was almost painfully raw as an actress. Combine that with piss-poor storytelling from Barbara Esensten & James Harmon Brown and...well...it just wasn't much fun to watch. Fortunately, as time dragged on, Blanchard got better, if only slightly; but the writing (for Drew, and for much of GL) remained hard to take.

• Members

Michael's had a steady stream of work since ATWT ended. He also starred in Middletown which had good reviews, The Burnt Part Boys, The Last Goodbye and got a small part in a movie called Supercapitalist. So, there's been no moss growing under his feet. Even in the last year before the show ended, he'd been working at reestablishing himself in the theater. When there was talk of bringing Pure Country to Broadway, he was attached to that somehow (I don't know what you call it, but he was involved in the development of it.)

Oh...did you like HTS?

Archived