OLTL Tribute Thread

• Members

Melador, Blair's company, is mentioned just to say it's trash. Natalie and Clint are mentioned just to be run through the mud. Todd's family is only mentioned in the context of not forgiving him (even though Viki forgave far worse than "killing" Frodd). Renee is mentioned just for her madame past. Viki's DID is turned into a joke because of a book Kate is reading.

He makes everything seamy and dirty.

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I beleive "Christina Comes Home for Christmas" was a OLTL reference too. I remember a few years ago thew whole town watched it and i beleive they kept showing one scene over and over and it was actually the front they use for Llanfair. Anyway this year they mentioned the DVD on GH. Elizabeth had it but that evil nurse stole it so she could watch it with Patrick.

I disagree. I did not see it that way. Viki's DID was mentioned not because of a book at first. When Todd came to town and found out that Kate had DID, Todd was pretty nice about it because of Viki. he even told Sonny about Viki and Jessica's condition. and when Kate said she was "cured", Todd said "Yea my sister thought she was too but she was wrong." I thought they handled it very nicely.

Edited by BKuzak

• Members

That book was probably written by Alison Perkins LOL. Even Todd said the book was trash and didn't even spell Viki's name right.

BTW, Erika Slezak's site has been updated with her christmas newsletter and annual christmas photo. it also has her thoughts of Paul Raunch's death.

Erikaslezak.com

Edited by BKuzak

• Members

We all do. the Youtube clips from the past that i haven't seen before have been a comfort but sometimes i still miss making sure i record or be home to see if Viki's going to be on that day. Maybe we'll see her on TV in the New Year. It won't be the same as playing Viki but i wouldn't mind seeing Erika in something again. Maybe lifetime movies or something like that. Who knows maybe she'll go do theater again and we'll see her at the Tony's. Hell maybe she'll win a Tony.

If Prospect Park can't get Erika Slezak to join...i won't be watchingt and i highly doubt it will survive...if it ever comes together. Erika is smart so it's kind of like "Fool me once..." type things.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

There's been some talk about the possibility of OLTL coming back on TWOP, and Kassie and Jim DePaiva have both come up in the conversation. I shared KDP's quote on her husband's firing in SOW in 2003, and wanted to share it here:

Considering how she's not usually known for speaking out on stuff like this, I'm surprised I didn't get this out and share it earlier.

It also makes me sad, because he's never been on another show. I think he's a theater actor first and he's been in several plays since leaving OLTL, but I'd love to see him on TV again.

• Members

While I can see that they were likely trying to make viewers hate Max in the 90s (as JDP said JFP told him, I believe), he was front to mid-burner for the entire decade. I would say his airtime didn't drop off until about a year before his exit.

• Members

Watching the SoapNet reruns (I believe they're up to the fall of '09) and my opinion is still same as it was 3+ years ago:

My Kimmy Cakes (Kimberly Andrews/Aubrey Wentworth to the rest of you) was truly the best new female character to come along in the last 5 years of that show. Not only did she spark with Clint and make Stacy a smidge interesting, she consistently shat on that smug heifer Gigi all day, every day.

Bipolar Yellgado and Frodd were truly the most nauseating couple on this show and I thank God that I have the option of DVR to fast-forward through their bullshit these days. I also thank God that Frank succeeded in bringing back the Real Todd Manning to finally snatch back the place that his no-talent replacement didn't deserve to have.

Blair - even in her Frodd-obsession period that hurts my soul - is still the baddest bitch in Llanview.

The Jared period was the only time that I found that red-headed heifer tolerable, though she sure tested my patience with the way that she treated Messica as if she was an intruder in the Buchanan family. All the more reason why I dread Jared's death - because I know that she'll rear her ugly head once again while I'll have to fast-forward through that worthless pairing that was her and McBain.

Kish should've been the prized young couple of the show instead of those two dummies Rex and Gigi. Yes, I'm well aware that it took them a century for them to finally get their sh!t together, but I'd rather watch hours of their angst than a minute of the twin dolts with the cockatoo hair.

• Members

I don't usually agree with you, but I agree 100% on Amanda Setton/Kim. She was amazing. Losing Kim, Kyle, Fish, Jared, Rachel, etc. Within 5 months hurt the show so badly for me and took another year for me to fully enjoy it. That was by far among the worst casting decisions I have ever seen.