OLTL Tribute Thread

• Members

Yea that's another thing. I think i saw more scenes/photo's of Viki in furs during the 80's than Dorian. Dorian wore the furs in the early 1990's (even making a joke of it when Sloan was bugging her penthouse and had to hide in her closet with all her furs.) and then of course it all went away in the late 1990's when a producer and the actresses were aware of PETA. Jeanne Cooper on Y&R wore one on her show for years, well into the late 1990's when her character eneded up in a homeless shelter with only her fur coat to keep her warm. I'll probably get slauted for saying this but i liked seeing my Diva's in fur coats. It showed that they had money.

hears one from 1987 Viki wears fur when she sees Maria and then Tina shows up and is also in fur.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LjiFp1NBFvo

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

The furs ended with JFP. She is anti-fur and ended the show's long-standing relationship with Christie Brothers who provided the show with furs for years. Viki, Dorian, Tina, Blair, Renee, and Alex were the last of the fur wearers in the '90s. Yes, that scene with Sloan in Dorian's penthouse, it was actually a garment rack of furs just chilling in the living room! :lol: Dorian came home that day in a cat lynx coat and Sloan scrambled. Viki got a good chuckle out of the story when Sloan later told her. The show was quite glamorous at the time, Dorian would never be dressed that greatly again.

You mentioned Y&R, they were the first to get on the PC bandwagon with faux furs in the '90s for Kay, Nikki, Jill, Dina, et cetera.

• Members

I don't think so. I remember another Gabrielle fan on a LONG defunct board saying years ago that their final scene in 1991 may have been one with KW's Tina slapping Gabby in the face, either after the stuff with Carlo came out, or after the prison sentence was delivered (maybe even after her infidelity in her marriage to Max was revealed, too).

Max was never referred to as mourning Gabrielle's death, either. Bastards. mad.gif At least it was revealed he had moved to Argentina at Asa's funeral, after having moved to North Carolina in 2003. Take THAT, Luna! :lol:

• Members

You mentioned that Viki, Dorian, Tina, Blair, Renee, and Alex all wore furs. The character that I especially remember wearing furs was Delila Garretson. Later, after she had left the show for the second time, I read an interview with Shelley Burch in which she said that she had an eating disorder which caused her to leave the show the first time. The large furs were used to conceal her lack of size.

• Members

very often around 1985-1986. when Tina was first becoming a Lord and then marrying Cord (a Buchanan heir.) I don't think she wore one much after that but i know in her final scene in 1990 she wore a fur (can't tell real from fake so you'll have to be the judge"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kFWdDMOAaGU

hears one of Gabrielle in fur 1988.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftDKNZ98BiU

• Members

It was because of their kids, Frank and Leslie. They had been living with Luna's relatives on their farm in NC after they had been kidnapped, presumed dead, then rescued. Basically, JFP treated Max like a deadbeat dad (Al was living with Gabrielle after she was released from prison by this time), and they stayed with them until after Al died and Max went to raise them himself.

Because it was revealed at Asa's funeral that he lived in Argentina, I've always fanwanked it that he moved there after Gabrielle's death to carry on her memory, her death devastating him more than he ever thought possible, given what he felt after losing Luna.

• Members

Yeah, that's real, some sheared fur with a fox tuxedo (she looks so pretty in that scene, her eyes, her makeup). Witter and Tesreau also wore furs in the role.

PN's Renee is wearing a ghastly cheap pieced coat in her first scene. I remember seeing PE's Renee in fur in holiday/outdoor scenes, but she was usually already inside at The Palace. The other well-heeled ladies of Llanview were always out and about making house calls during the winter months.

Edited by SFK

• Members

Shelley Burch's characters (Delilah) simply disappeared. She had lost her buisness when her back-stabbing partner, Gabrielle, stole her fashion designing business out from under her nose. Delila had tried to keep the business and be a mother to Sami too, but Gabrielle took advantage of her absence and tried to pass the designs off as her own. So, the business collasped because Gabielle had been trusted. I think Delilah got into a cab, and the cab sped away. Actually, Delila was kidnapped with Lord Bove and Elizabeth Sanders were behind it. Rafe looked and looked and mourned the disappearence of Delilah.

• Members

Rafe was on the show for a long time too. I'm suprised he didn't get more publicity, being a good looking actor. He started in 1980 (or 81...around the time of Asa's wedding to Samantha.) and then left in 1991 (i assume after Megan and Jake's wedding since he was there for that.) He worked under Asa and then became a cop under Ed Hall until Ed left and i think that's when Rafe got promoted to top cop.