OLTL Tribute Thread

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

AddieCate put up a lot of clips today. Here are a few.

Never understood why Cain and Tina got such heavy romantic buildup and goodbyes when Tina would return a few months later feeling absolutely zero for Cain and happily moving on with her own brother. They had little to no respect for Tina.

Edited by CarlD2

• Members

Didn't it turn out that Cain was still conning her or he had been serial bigamist or something like that? At least I read something like that years ago. And that he went to prison at one point offscreen, I don't know (of course, this doesn't explain her meeting up with him again during her Baltimore years/living with him in Detroit).

This is when she found out Matt was Max! Happy tears sad.pngsmile.pngwub.png .

• Members

I don't know the official reason for why Cain and Tina broke up. Either way it wasn't shown onscreen and the zero sense of sorrow she felt over the end of their relationship was just bad writing. I hate Malone Tina.

• Members

See guys? Once upon a time, Starr was a typical soap kid--nice, sweet, and yes, CUTE! HATERS TO THE LEFT, ALL OF YOU! tongue.png

"You're not Tom. You can't fool me, you're Daddy." wub.png

This was in 1998, very early on in KA's run.

Jessica finds out she's pregnant with Megan, 1998. The part with her tearing up at the end really gets to me. And Will is the second best Rappaport after Lindsay, if only because ** enter shallow zone** Jason-Shane Scott is too hot for words wub.png . **exit shallow zone** laugh.png

Edited by MissLlanviewPA

• Members

From SOD Feb 87.

Michael Storm,who's played Larry on OLTL for 18 years,got so bummed out by his lack of story (and never having the ear of execs)that he took his peeve to the press - in fact a very blatant, no-bones-about-it SOD article.

"I had tried everything to get my view listened to at ABC",recalls Storm. "I was at my wit's end and decided to go through the press,never realizing the disaster that would befall me ".

As it happened,shortly after the actor gave the interview,his story started sizzling again, and stayed that way until the article hit the newsstands.That's when producer Paul Rauch,who'd read it and was plenty steamed,called Storm on the carpet.

Says Michael,"I thought the matter got resolved during that one little encounter. He told me that he understood that the things i said were said at a time whenI was down and frustrated. but since the day the SOD article came out, I have not really been working on the show.Now, whether or not that's co-incidental, and I hope to God it is, I don't know. There could be another reason that I've been back-burnered. I don't know. I'm just giving the chronological facts as they occurred. if given the chance to speak out again,I most certainly wouldn't."

• Members

It is shameful how Michael Storm and Larry just sort of faded into the woodwork. Once Paul Rauch marginalized him, it became that much easier for successive regimes not to include him much; and when it looked as if they might have an opportunity to rectify that situation, too, it was a case of "too little, too late," as Storm had relocated to Glendale, CA and TPTB weren't willing to spring for the extra plane fare.

What I can't understand, though, is why Storm refused even to consider taking a role on another soap, even a West Coast one. Yes, Larry Wolek was a special guy, but I feel like his fans have been punished in a way, because he remains so loyal to a show that, quite frankly, was not worth it.

• Members

What story did he even have in 1986? I can't remember. Was it the Larry/Jenny story? Or was that even a story?

Rauch did give him more to do in the Eterna story, and when he dated Brenda...I guess that was his last hurrah, if you can call it that.

I think the character was only as prominent as he was because of Karen. If not for her I think he may have been marginalized even sooner.

• Members

When Susannah Hanen was on in 1995 they sort of seemed to hint at building a relationship between them, although that went nowhere. Too bad, as I think Michael Storm was still pretty hot for a long time after OLTL stopped caring.

• Members

Normally, I'm opposed to turning "white hats" into "black hats" (see Clint's devolution). In Larry's case, though, I would have made the exception, no matter how much they'd have to convolute the story to make it plausible. Anything, just as long as it had extended his shelf life, for lack of a better term. OLTL needed as many ties to its pre-Rauch history as it could afford.