OLTL Tribute Thread

• Members

Yeah, he and his wife Cari met sometime before he was on OLTL, and when he won his Emmy in 1994, he said to his son Julian, "Night night, Jules. I'll try to get Big Bird's autograph for you, and I love you." smile.png

He also has a daughter now named Langston.

I know some thought around 2008 that he and his ATWT costar Marie Wilson were together, but as far as I know, he and Cari are still married.

Edited by MissLlanviewPA

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

The commercial must be on Youtube somewhere - a ton of commercials are put up.

I'd never heard of that song. I guess she can be proud...

RSW wasn't happy about how they had Bo react to Sarah's death so he may have just wanted them to move on.

You've probably already seen this but back in April I posted another Fiona interview.

• Members

Yep, I love that article! smile.png

Misty herself actually mentioned that song in an interview a few years ago, when she was promoting her Misty's Magical Mountaintop show. She said her daughter contacted the band after she found it, and after she asked them why they wrote a song about her mom, they said that they missed her and wanted to know what had happened to her. Dreama told them that "she's been raising me!" smile.png (She's 19 now, though).

Edited by MissLlanviewPA

• Members

I appreciate it too! I love these old articles and we thank you for your time. it's fun looking back on old articles and photo's that are long gone to people like me who didn't collect the magaines from the past but wish i had.

Especially of Soap magazine, something that isn't out anymore. I'm learning to savor ABC soaps in depth because i know that magazine will fold next year. after OLTL ends in January they will only have GH (which they always lean fowards anyway.) and i don't think they will carry on with just one show. and who knows what the future holds for GH. so people who read it or get it in the mail, enjoy it but i wouldn't renew my subcription into the new year.

Edited by BKuzak

• Members

An episode from the...unforgettable year of 1996. Watch Andy get menaced by the Dead End Kids, marvel at the supercouple that was Joey/Kelly, and wonder why Patrick is reading a sparkly pink diary.

Best line - Clint: You didn't come over here to talk about the hair I don't have on my face.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gxr3jRO1KRs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=il_w3uhJruE&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL

• Members

The conclusion and aftermath of the Viki DID story was the last time OLTL was truly great. 1995 that and it's stories was it for me. Its been on a downward slope since then. I didnt think 1996-1998 was bad as I still found it enjoyable but things definetly felt different. I think things started to get really awful midway through JFP's run with the show as I felt she did so much damage to it in 1999. The show never truly was able to recapture what once made it so entertaining. It was somewhere around this time that I bumped off OLTL as my favorite soap and started exploring other ones. I rally disliked the Angel Square scene and the influx of all those characters I did not care about and I didnt find those stories particularly interesting. That highlighted the transitional change from 1995 going into 1996

Edited by Cheap21

• Members

The Angel Square was generally praised mostly for Kamar (better here than later on but I never "got" him). I do think it was a nice idea and I liked the community atmosphere but I think it was grafted on and I think the crooked cop frames poor Andy story was a big bust. I would have kept him around and gotten Andy off the force - I don't know, have her go back to Rodi's, whatever.

The biggest problem with 96-97 was lack of identity and incredibly generic writing that seems to bathe in cliches - for instance, in this episode, the paralysis saga, and Antonio getting a "feeling" when Andy was in trouble. The pieces were still there for greatness, until JFP turned it in to her own playpen.

I also have to complain again about the show choosing Joey/Kelly (and Dorian scheming against them) over Joey/Dorian. The stuff in this episode is a great example of how wasted Fillion was.

Edited by CarlD2

• Members

Al & Sarah wub.png . That would've been so cute to see. Max & Gabrielle's son and Cord & Tina's daughter getting married? Bring it on!

Didn't recognize Nathan Fillion on those skates at all blink.png .

The Susan Batten story is in the OLTL coffee table book. She's actually from the same county in North Carolina as Ava Gardner (Johnston County).

And shut up, Kassie. Five pounds, schmive pounds. You're 50 now and I'm STILL jealous of your figure. You probably haven't been chubby since your early Guiding Light days laugh.png .

And I LOVE the Tyler Noyes autograph story wub.png .

Edited by MissLlanviewPA