OLTL Tribute Thread

• Members

Interesting interview. The Carla passing for white storyline was one that captured my attention and got me interested in OLTL when I was very young. I really wish we could have seen her on the show one last time. i wonder if she would have even wanted to come back or if she would have been welcomed given her harsh comments in her book about her time on the show.

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Ew, Max & Luna! tongue.pnglaugh.png

Just kidding, it's definitely a good find, the picture of Al & Sarah is so cute! smile.png I like the picture of KW and PE, too.

But pillars of Llanview's young life? Um...yeah. Max as a pillar of Llanview (particularly then), lol.

Do you have any Max & Gabby related articles, Carl? I'd love to see anything you might have! smile.png

Edited by MissLlanviewPA

• Members

I really wish they had brought Julia back when Gabrielle came back so she could have had her mom. I remember reading that when Julia was sent to prison, one of hr last scenes was with Max. I'm assuming her daughter (who was already in prison by then herself) had to have come up, something that I'm sure rarely happened during those years.

• Members

I. LOVE. THAT. ONE. wub.png Headlining the premiere issue of Episodes! Fiona Fest had this article up FOREVER, but it's an older site now and a lot of the links aren't working lately (could just be me using Google Chrome, though laugh.png ).

I don't even know if they ever had anything like that in a magaizine before or since (especially a cover photo). I remember seeing that they were interviewed together in 1993 for either SOD or SOM, who asked the fans of each show which former onscreen couples (if I remember correctly) they wanted interviewed the most. It was at Soap Opera World, but now I can't even remember what month it was.

Sigh. Still kinda sorta hoping for a super secret surprise appearance by Max (yes I'm hopeless laugh.png ). It won't be too long before Gabby's back home! smile.png

You're the best, Carl! smile.png

ETA: The child that JDP and Misty Rowe were expecting at the time wound up being miscarried; their daughter Dreama was born two years later.

Edited by MissLlanviewPA

• Members

I know I posted it in the VideoBash board already, but it deserves to be here, too.

I'll always be kind of sad (okay VERY sad) that there was never a Max/Gabby wedding with JDP, particularly when she came back in 2001. Even if she's coming back as a ghost now, they could have still done a Ryan/Vicky on AW style wedding in Heaven. I would've loved that.

And THIS is why I call Max & Gabrielle the most underrated, ill-treated supercouple in OLTL history. I don't think it's just my bias; they were given a second chance from 2001-2003 to get things right and EVERYTHING went wrong for them. Cord & Tina FINALLY were given a happy ending, and Todd & Blair, for all the times I feel they've been crapped on, have STILL been treated better than Max & Gabby. Bo & Nora, Clint & Viki...ALL treated better. There were strong signs in 2003 that they might have an affair (I remember a spoiler back then about them sleeping together after Bo gave her a rain check one too many times) , but I remember reading Frons was against this (it wouldn't surprise me at all if Malone/Griffith were forced to scrap that for Al's death sad.png ) .

Oh well, at least the two of them parted as friends when Max left Llanview.

Edited by MissLlanviewPA

• Members

Chances are, if they had brought back Julia Medina, either they would have done absolutely nothing with her and then let her fade away, or they'd reveal her to be something really stupid, like Victor Lord's other secret mistress and Viki's biological mom.

• Members

Oh God, it's so scary to think that Ron may have very well gone there ph34r.png .

I wonder whatever happened to Gabrielle's sister, Debra? She wanted to be a famous ballerina, but from what I understand, she was NOWHERE NEAR as interesting as her older sister and her mother laugh.png .

Edited by MissLlanviewPA